× Members

IB to ESA checklist query

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107900 by Teri606
Replied by Teri606 on topic IB to ESA checklist query
A bit of advice needed please. I wrote on my form that I wanted to be contacted by letter rather than telephone. This is because I am quite deaf even with my hearing aids and with the phone on loudspeaker. It's only 2 weeks & 3 days since I sent in my ESA50 but I am so stressed now - can't settle to do anything, sick to my stomach, awake half the night and getting really ratty in general. Would it be appropriate for my husband to ring on my behalf to see how my assessment is going? If so, does he ring ATOS or DWP. I would be able to verify to them that he has my permission to speak to them. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Teri
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107902 by
Replied by on topic IB to ESA checklist query

Teri wrote: A bit of advice needed please. I wrote on my form that I wanted to be contacted by letter rather than telephone. This is because I am quite deaf even with my hearing aids and with the phone on loudspeaker. It's only 2 weeks & 3 days since I sent in my ESA50 but I am so stressed now - can't settle to do anything, sick to my stomach, awake half the night and getting really ratty in general. Would it be appropriate for my husband to ring on my behalf to see how my assessment is going? If so, does he ring ATOS or DWP. I would be able to verify to them that he has my permission to speak to them. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Teri

Hi T,

It is "early days" so to speak.

However, you can contact ATOS by phone on :

0113 230 9175 Or : 0800 2888 777

You can also e-mail them on :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Which may be better for you.

If they have not decided whether or not you need a face to face yet, or have not carried out a paper assessment and returned your file to The DWP to make a decision, there will probable be little else that they can tell you.

As they do not actually make the decision, but only make recommendations, if they have carried out a paper assessment, and returned your file to The DWP, you would have to then contact the DWP regarding a decision.

bro58

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107910 by Teri606
OK. Thank you bro. I'll wait a little while longer and see if they write later this week. TBH, my last IB claim was in 2007 so I'd forgotten what it's like to wait for someone to decide on your future and things have changed so much in the meantime. Many Thanks.

Teri

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107912 by

Teri wrote: OK. Thank you bro. I'll wait a little while longer and see if they write later this week. TBH, my last IB claim was in 2007 so I'd forgotten what it's like to wait for someone to decide on your future and things have changed so much in the meantime. Many Thanks.

Teri

O.K. T,

As long as you are sure that ATOS received your ESA50, the ball is firmly in their court.

You will continue to receive your current rate of benefit until a decision is made by The DWP DM.

bro58

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107921 by Teri606
Hi bro - I did send it recorded & got the signature & name. I took a screenshot of the signature on the royal mail site as proof that it was signed for.

Teri

10 years 9 months ago #107925 by

Teri wrote: Hi bro - I did send it recorded & got the signature & name. I took a screenshot of the signature on the royal mail site as proof that it was signed for.

Teri

Right then T, :)

So you have done your part, and have proof, so no worries there.

The next move is theirs'.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.