× Members

Housing benefit

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #111768 by Jules
Replied by Jules on topic Housing benefit
Yes, I am keeping my landlord up to date so they are aware of what's going on. May I ask, when you and Gordon say "fit for work" do you mean being placed in the WRAG group ?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #111771 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Housing benefit

Julie wrote: Yes, I am keeping my landlord up to date so they are aware of what's going on. May I ask, when you and Gordon say "fit for work" do you mean being placed in the WRAG group ?

Hi J,

No, "fit for works" means that you have failed to score the requisite minimum 15 points needed to be placed into The WRAG.

There are 3 possible outcomes with The ESA WCA :

1. Fit for work (not entitled to ESA) as you don't score at least 15 points or more across the WRAG Descriptors.

2. Placed into WRAG as you score at least 15 points across the WRAG Descriptors :

WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

Or under ESA Reg 29 :

ESA REG 29 :

ESA Reg 29 for entry to The WRAG (LCW)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) Paragraph (2)(b) does not apply where the risk could be reduced by a significant amount by—

(a)reasonable adjustments being made in the claimant’s workplace;

or

(b)the claimant taking medication to manage the claimant’s condition where such medication has been prescribed for the claimant by a registered medical practitioner treating the claimant.”.

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/3/made

See also : Qualifying for the WRAG

3. Placed into The SG as you also fulfill at least one of The SG Descriptors:

SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

Or under ESA Reg 35 :

ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) In regulation 35(1) (certain claimants to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity)(6), for sub-paragraph (b) substitute—

“(b)the claimant is-

(i)receiving treatment for cancer by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy;

(ii)likely to receive such treatment within six months after the date of the determination of capability for work-related activity; or

(iii)recovering from such treatment,

and the Secretary of State is satisfied that the claimant should be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity; or”.

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/4/made

See also ; Qualifying for the Support Group

There are two guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

Entitled :"Being transferred from incapacity benefit to employment and support allowance. A 22 page guide to the transfer process."

&

"Understanding Employment and Support Allowance. Our 42 page introductory guide to ESA."

Which should make it all clear for you.

By the way, if your landlord is a Housing Association, many of them have Welfare Rights Advisers who may be able to help.

Hopefully, the information provided by myself and Gordon Re : HB will be superfluous, as you will gain the correct ESA award.

bro58

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #111773 by Jules
Replied by Jules on topic Housing benefit
Its a private landlord. Thank you for the information you've just put online. My concentration is appalling and I find it hard to take information in - and keep it there !! I have followed your guides throughout this whole nightmare process. I was really grateful to have that help, and to guide me through each question. Thank you Gordon and bro58 - I'll let you know the outcome. I hope that whatever happens Benefits and Work will keep going. Grateful thanks, Julie

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #111774 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Housing benefit

Julie wrote: Its a private landlord. Thank you for the information you've just put online. My concentration is appalling and I find it hard to take information in - and keep it there !! I have followed your guides throughout this whole nightmare process. I was really grateful to have that help, and to guide me through each question. Thank you Gordon and bro58 - I'll let you know the outcome. I hope that whatever happens Benefits and Work will keep going. Grateful thanks, Julie

Good luck J,

Please do keep us updated. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.