The Commons Select Committee on Work and Pensions would like to hear from you if you have had an assessment, or are waiting for an assessment, for PIP or ESA.
So far over 500 people have posted their comments on the parliament website about their experience of PIP and ESA assessments.
We’re sure that there are many more claimants who could help Frank Field and his committee understand just how bad the system is.
The committee wants to know:
- Did you feel that the right decision on your entitlement to ESA/PIP was reached as a result of your initial assessment?
- If not—what do you feel were the reasons for this?
- If you have experience of Mandatory Reconsideration, did you find this stage effective and useful? How might it be improved?
- Overall, how "claimant-friendly" did you find the assessment process?
- What steps would you recommend taking to improve it?