× Members

Medical Reports

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #119008 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic First Tier Tribunal procedure

Lukeandrew wrote: Jim,
Thanks a lot for your time.
I am just trying to obtain as much information as I can to try and put this matter right.
I am going to try and get help with my appeal from the Welfare Rights because I do not think the way the system now works that I have got an earthly chance of being granted leave to appeal by the UT even if I can show a hundred errors of law because just as the FTT judge has said to me that I have not shown any arguable errors of law,Material to his decision I believe they will just state the same even though all case law that concerns the same Criteria for entitlement must be Material to all of the decisions unless the Tribunal were using different criteria for me than applies to everyone else which to my mind is exactly what has happened with the opinion of the physio.
kind Regards for your time and help
Luke

If that were the case, then there wouldn't be dozens of volumes of past Commissioners Decisions and now UT decisions. FtT Judges do not like admitting that they have made an error(s) of law, which is why UT's exist, as do higher Courts.

I think we have provided you with as much advice/information as we possibly can on your posts. Therefore, I am locking this thread which means no further posts will be allowed.

However, like myself I'm sure that all moderators will be interested in how things work out for you, if you decide to appeal to the Upper Tribunal, and the outcome. If so just post a new thread and we'll link it to your previous posts.

Good Luck,

Jim and all moderators.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Added information.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.