× Members

ESA

More
8 years 7 months ago #140664 by davo
ESA was created by davo
had ESA medical on the 27th 8th 15 ,had letter back saying 0 points on the 9th 9th 15 ,but what is on the report is not what was said at the medical,the woman was trying to put words in my mouth at the medical ,and was only interested in my physical state and not my mental state ,feel as tho i have been totally steam rolled ,how does this go on ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #140669 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA

davo wrote: had ESA medical on the 27th 8th 15 ,had letter back saying 0 points on the 9th 9th 15 ,but what is on the report is not what was said at the medical,the woman was trying to put words in my mouth at the medical ,and was only interested in my physical state and not my mental state ,feel as tho i have been totally steam rolled ,how does this go on ??

Hi d,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Unfortunately, you are not alone !!

Have a look at my response of today to another member who has just heard that they have been found "fit for work" : Here.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries and we will try to help further !

bro58

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140695 by davo
Replied by davo on topic ESA
hi bro 58 ,thanks for the reply ,now they have stopped my ESA from the 9th 9th 15 ,they say claim JSA ,but my fit note runs till end of November,what do i do next?? its so confusing ,going to the C.A.B today and following your notes thanks will post again after
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140698 by bro58

davo wrote: hi bro 58 ,thanks for the reply ,now they have stopped my ESA from the 9th 9th 15 ,they say claim JSA ,but my fit note runs till end of November,what do i do next?? its so confusing ,going to the C.A.B today and following your notes thanks will post again after

Hi d,

You clearly haven't read the post that I provided the links to in my original post above :

This Post tells you what to do regarding requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of your fit for work decision.

You should obtain a fresh fit note from your G.P. to cover you from the date of your fit for work decision, as the fit for work decision cancels out your current fit note.

However, if you need to make a claim for JSA to obtain an income whilst the MR is ongoing, you should keep the fit notes safe, and only present them if your MR is unsuccessful and you appeal to the Tribunal Service. (TS)

Once the TS has accepted your appeal, you can then revert back to ESA and it is then that you should send ESA your fit notes.

You can sign on for JSA with reduced conditionality to your Jobseeker's Agreement !

However, if you try and give JSA a fit note whilst also claiming JSA, they will most probably refuse your claim.

Again, this is explained from a link that I have previously directed you to : Here.

It is difficult for Mods to help members if they do not read information from links that the Mods have posted for them.

N.B. Left click your mouse/pad on any blue writing/links to access the information.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143249 by davo
Replied by davo on topic ESA
just received my mandatory recon back , they have not changed there minds on the first decision , now have to go to a tribunal , the whole thing is not helping at all , near breaking point
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #143265 by bro58

davo wrote: just received my mandatory recon back , they have not changed there minds on the first decision , now have to go to a tribunal , the whole thing is not helping at all , near breaking point

Hi d,

Sorry to hear that your MR was unsuccessful ! :(

I am afraid that MR success rates are pretty poor at this time.

You now have one month from the date of your MR Notice letter to appeal directly to The Tribunal Service. : (TS)

This process is covered from around Page 12 in our : ESA MR/Appeals Guidance.

Once the TS have accepted your appeal you should be able to revert back to ESA Assessment Rate as previously advised.

See also : MOJ Video of “mock” ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Good luck and please keep us updated.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.