× Members

ESA

More
8 years 5 months ago #143353 by davo
Replied by davo on topic ESA
thanks for that bro,can i just ask is it normal to have to sign on every week during the time you get taken off ESA to JSA ,they have give me a bit of a hard time even with the restricted back to work plan and also is it possible for them to keep me on JSA after i have got response from the TS? , only asking because the robot at the JSA center has told me that i would have to keep going there and signing on until the tribunal ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143359 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA
Hi

In order to continue a JSA claim you have to 'sign on' regularly and in doing so verify your declaration of unemployed and looking for work.

You should make any advisor you see aware of your circumstances and that you are appealing a DWP decision. They are getting literally thousands of these now and may use it to try and make life hard for you so they can sanction you but please don't worry, just concentrate on the minimum required to get your money until your appeal is heard.

Once you have a decision on your appeal it will either uphold the original decision in which case you don't get ESA so you will have to sign on to get paid or it will put you on ESA and you won't sign on any more.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

davo wrote: thanks for that bro,can i just ask is it normal to have to sign on every week during the time you get taken off ESA to JSA ,they have give me a bit of a hard time even with the restricted back to work plan and also is it possible for them to keep me on JSA after i have got response from the TS? , only asking because the robot at the JSA center has told me that i would have to keep going there and signing on until the tribunal ?

Once your appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal Service AND the DWP have received notification of this, you can opt to receive the ESA Assessment rate until your hearing. You will need to contact the DWP about this, a couple of days after you receive your letter from the TS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144162 by davo
Replied by davo on topic ESA
hi ,had my letter from the TS dated the 4/11/15 received on the 9/11/15 saying my appeal has been accepted ,had to sign on on the 13/11/15 so this is a few days would you say ? , took my letter in with my back dated fit note ,the woman was not very helpful at all would not take my fit note and when she went on computer it said on there that i was to be put back on the esa assessment rate from the 11/11/15 ,she said that it had no date on there for when i was to go back on it ,so on looking at the computer screen i said it says the 11/11/15 there she said that was only to notify her ,and she didnt know when i was going back on it ,so from the 4/11/15 till 13/11/15 thats around a week ,does it take that long to come through ?

also she tried to sanction my JSA for me not doing my daily job search i did missed one day due to my condition , so fair enough they are the rules ,but when i asked for a letter from her so i could appeal the decision and get help she was not happy ,anyway in the end after about an hour being grilled she put me down as being sick so it wouldnt go to a sanction ,can she do this? i asked her just to go with the sanction just to get out . now iam on the thinking that a week has gone by after the letter from the TS that i should be on ESA anyway ? am i right or wrong here ?

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144170 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA
If there are any contact details on the TS letter ring them and ask why tou haven't got the ESA assessment rate yet.
Make an official complaint against the jobcentre worker. Ask to see a disabled job advisor if they still exist? Write to the jobcentre manager and complain at your treatment. Contact your MP and ask for their help. Contact any charity that may deal with any condition you suffer from. Try the CAB. Make as much noise and fuss as possible. Every action costs them time and resources. Make them pay for the way they are treating you.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Davo

You need to contact the DWP office that dealt with your ESA claim, the JC+ office that you visit for your JSA are not involved in this process and cannot help you.

I'm afraid that Foss is incorrect about you contacting the Tribunal Service, they are not involved in the process, other than accepting the your appeal and contacting the DWP about it.

If, as your post suggests, your ESA was re-instated on 11 November then you don't need to worry about the sanction.

It may still take some time for your payments to be sorted out, depending on when your normal payment day is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: foss27

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.