× Members

PIP 1 Form request.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142761 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 Form request.
Hi cl281,

It was your post that I saw. It's disgraceful how we are being treated at times.

The 'invite' letters don't actually tell you that there is a PIP1 form to start the claim for clients who don't have or can't use a telephone. It's only forums like this that give this info.

My second daughter - who has been away on holiday is due back middle of next week, so I will get her to ring for the form, but at the same time I will still insist upon receiving the form to fill in myself. I find difficult to respond to questions immediately as I now have significant memory issues and it takes me a while to understand written stuff, never mind spoken instruction etc.

It takes me ages to think about and absorb posts on this site and then respond..never mind responding to questions that one has never seen before.

It's rather ironic that on the one hand they are prepared to accept that some claimants need help and assistance on the phone and are prepared for a carer to make the call for them and pass on the answers, but I wonder if during an assessment, the assessor takes this same view. I doubt it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142762 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic PIP 1 Form request.
I am grateful to mommaduck and cl281 for sharing their difficulties in persuading the DWP to issue a paper PIP1.

I’ve stated a couple of times that I am uncomfortable with the telephone version of the PIP1 due to throat problems and the risk involved in handling this key-stage in the procedure over to a third-party:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...05734&start=6#141902

I always prefer a paper-trail when dealing with the DWP but preference aside the attitude that mommaduck and cl281 have described discriminates against any claimant unable to use a telephone reliably be it for physical or psychological reasons.

What if mommaduck and cl281, and in time, other members hold out for a paper PIP1 and do not receive it. In post #142710 cl281 referred to the possible use of the specimen form in extreme circumstances. I would (just about) be prepared to permit a third-party to initiate my claim in the way cl281 suggests she might do for her son if I could then send the specimen form to the DWP with a covering letter describing the circumstances.

To which DWP address are paper PIP1 forms returned? Is it the claimant’s own benefit office or the Personal Independence Payment New Claims department?

Thanks,

Mari

More
8 years 6 months ago #142763 by mommaduck
HI Gordon,

Just wanted to add: In my second letter requesting the PIP1 form, I addressed it directly to the manager - don't know if this will make a difference?

I also stated in underlined bold, that this letter was the 'Start of my claim for Personal Independence Payment'.

Could this legally be taken as such regardless of when or if I get the PIP1 form?

I remember in the past that to initiate a claim regardless of having a claim form for the appropriate benefit that one could just send a letter saying that this letter was a claim for the particular benefit and benefit would then be paid from that date if you qualified.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142771 by mommaduck
Just a further update. RESULT!

Just had an email from my MP. They have phoned PIP and the forms are now in the post.

Thanks for all your help and advice.. it worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142776 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 Form request.

MariW wrote: I am grateful to mommaduck and cl281 for sharing their difficulties in persuading the DWP to issue a paper PIP1.

I’ve stated a couple of times that I am uncomfortable with the telephone version of the PIP1 due to throat problems and the risk involved in handling this key-stage in the procedure over to a third-party:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...05734&start=6#141902

I always prefer a paper-trail when dealing with the DWP but preference aside the attitude that mommaduck and cl281 have described discriminates against any claimant unable to use a telephone reliably be it for physical or psychological reasons.

What if mommaduck and cl281, and in time, other members hold out for a paper PIP1 and do not receive it. In post #142710 cl281 referred to the possible use of the specimen form in extreme circumstances. I would (just about) be prepared to permit a third-party to initiate my claim in the way cl281 suggests she might do for her son if I could then send the specimen form to the DWP with a covering letter describing the circumstances.

To which DWP address are paper PIP1 forms returned? Is it the claimant’s own benefit office or the Personal Independence Payment New Claims department?

Thanks,

Mari

I'm afraid we don't know whether it's the address that you make the request to, see

www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

or there will be a different address nominated in the letter that will undoubtedly be included with the PIP1 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
8 years 6 months ago #142777 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 Form request.

mommaduck wrote: HI Gordon,

Just wanted to add: In my second letter requesting the PIP1 form, I addressed it directly to the manager - don't know if this will make a difference?

I also stated in underlined bold, that this letter was the 'Start of my claim for Personal Independence Payment'.

Could this legally be taken as such regardless of when or if I get the PIP1 form?

I remember in the past that to initiate a claim regardless of having a claim form for the appropriate benefit that one could just send a letter saying that this letter was a claim for the particular benefit and benefit would then be paid from that date if you qualified.

It is possible but let's hope that you don't need to rely on it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.