× Members

PIP 1 Form request.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142678 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 Form request.
Emailed my MP yesterday afternoon but not sure when they will respond.

My cleaner came today but didn,t have a mobile with her. I wrote a further letter which she has taken to the post.

My daughter gets here in the evening after DWP has closed and I am now really worried having only 9 days to respond.

Reading a recent post today it may be that I am being deliberately being in as much that they will only take initial applications over the phone.

If they stop my DL A because they didn't respond to my letters, can this be overturned?

Is it also apprpriate to write a letter of complaint at this stage? I really don,t know what to do for the best. They don,t make it easy timewise as I only received the original letter 7 days after the date on the letter giving me only 3 weeks instead of 4 to sort this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142682 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP 1 Form request.
It can be overturned as it is their fault.

It is always appropriate to complain when being messed around by the DWP not following their own rules.

They cannot force a person to apply by phone.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142688 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 Form request.
mommaduck

The legislation and DWP procedures are not really set up for this scenario so I really don't have any idea what the DWP will do if the PIP claim is not started in time.

Given your limitations I would talk to your daughter about whether she can help, the claim line is open from 8am to 6pm, maybe she could go in late or leave early to allow her to make the call, a call first thing in the day is most likely to be successful.

Have you tried your MP, they set aside Friday's for constituency work, it's surprising how they ca often cut through the red tape to get something sorted.

I would hold off on the complaint until the matter is resolved, not because making one will cause problems but because it may not encompass all of the issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142698 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 Form request.
Hi Gordon,

I did email my MP yesterday. If Friday is set aside to deal with constituents issues, maybe I may get a reply.

My daughter does not live with me. She calls in after work about 7. I will try next door neighbour although I don,t want to really involve them or DWP trying to get them to do the form for me over the phone. It,s rather private.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142710 by EAPage
Replied by EAPage on topic PIP 1 Form request.
Hi there
I think it may have been my post that you saw today, about my PIP1 experience on ringing the DWP.

I have devised another strategy in case they do not send me the form on time as they made a song and dance about how late this form could be in reaching me and then getting back to them.
(However, I always send everything Special Delivery, guaranteeing arriving and signed for by 1pm the following day. I then take a photo of the recorded signature on the tracking page of the Royal Mail website)

I have printed out a copy of the PIP1 from the link in the B&W downloadable guide and which is also on the gov.uk website. I will go through and answer the questions on it (although this form is just a sample form and can't be directly submitted to them). If my form hasn't arrived by Tuesday (it's Thursday today) I will ring them and read them the answers. When my form arrives I will send that too, but the claim will have started by phone.

Maybe now you could have all the answers written down on the sample form too, then have someone read it out for you over the phone to them? Can you get to a Citizen's Advice Bureau for them to assist with the call?

This would count as your claim being started I think. And it's all good evidence as to the lengths you haver to go to, to get forms and phone calls done.

As pointed out, we do have the right to ask for the forms, and if they delay so that you can't comply with the time period, then it becomes their error when challenged,. But it's all about the proof, and the effort to keep facing them down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mommaduck, MariW

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142714 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP 1 Form request.
I wonder how widespread this problem is.
They can't have everyones phone number.
If they write and ask for the phone number or for the claimant to ring a number in the letter surely the claimant can write back saying I don't have a phone and can't use a phonebox.
Then they would have to send a form?
Of course all they are trying to do is save money, reduce jobs and make it better for them not claimants.
Perhaps a charity or something could take up this issue if the scale of the problem could be discovered.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.