× Members

Paper pip tribunal appeal

More
8 years 5 months ago #145678 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Paper pip tribunal appeal

Lala125 wrote: Hi
I have my tribunal next week and I am so nervous and worried that I will freeze and not be able to talk. Am I allowed to take notes with me? I suffer with depression anxiety and post traumatic stress. I was original on high for pip care but was withdraw at review.
Many thanks

You should take all of the papers related to the appeal with you but you could also take some notes just for you. You should be allowed to refer to these but it is important that you tell the panel about these at the beginning of the hearing and explain why you may need to use them during the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145679 by Gordon

I have my tribunal next week and I am so nervous and worried that I will freeze and not be able to talk. Am I allowed to take notes with me? I suffer with depression anxiety and post traumatic stress. I was original on high for pip care but was withdraw at review.
Many thanks

You should take all of the papers related to the appeal with you but you could also take some notes just for you. You should be allowed to refer to these but it is important that you tell the panel about these at the beginning of the hearing and explain why you may need to use them during the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145941 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Paper pip tribunal appeal
Hi
I have my tribunal this week for pip is it a good idea to write a diary for the past week of my problems and help I need to show the judge. Will it help my case or will it make no difference and not help?
Many thanks

More
8 years 4 months ago #145948 by Gordon

I have my tribunal this week for pip is it a good idea to write a diary for the past week of my problems and help I need to show the judge. Will it help my case or will it make no difference and not help?
Many thanks

There's no harm in you doing it, but I would be surprised if it is considered, the panel can only look at you problems as they were on the day of the Decision being appealed, so strictly speaking a diary of how you are now would be excluded.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

More
8 years 4 months ago #146054 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Paper pip tribunal appeal
Hi
My pip tribunal is this week is it worth mentioning or help in doing so or not that I have worked all my life until my depression, anxiety and PTS have got so severe that I cannot work?
Someone told me to let them know but I'm not sure to the weight in mentioning it.
My heart is rocketing.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146060 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Paper pip tribunal appeal
It probably wouldn't make any difference.
They will have your claim record so should be aware of how long you have been too sick to work.
If you mention you were in work until you became incapacitated make sure you don't make it sound confrontational as in entitled to claim because you worked x years. That won't sway them at all :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.