× Members

Pip decision :( feeling defeated

More
8 years 5 months ago #143956 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
Well Bro58,

If they were asked to allow you back to measure the distance of the walk and they refuse.. what does that say ;)

At an appeal, surely that may be used as ammunition (sorry evidence :whistle: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicola812

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143968 by nicola812
Replied by nicola812 on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
Hi mommaduck

I got my partner out with the tape measure tonight it was 20.5m from vehical parked in disabled bay at door into the room. Lucky if was 8m from waiting area into room i will also be challanging reliable and safley etc.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143985 by nicola812
Thank you all for your valuable input.

I scored 10points for daily living and 10 points mobility.

I am going to challenge this as scored no points for managing medication or treatment when i require physical assistance to apply cream to my body as well as reminding on which and what tablets to take as i forget. Also require asistance to do my exercises to stop my muscles and joints seising up.

I have done a great deal of reading all the information due to not sleeping at nyt in these valuable guides regarding mandatory reconsideration.

Will keep you updated.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143987 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
Nicnak,

I,m no good at links but maybe one of the mods can do it, but it definitely states in the DWP guidelines that it should take you 'no more than twice the time of an able bodied person to walk the distance', and from your description of 'walked very slowly', I would assume that you do.

Also, you say that it is 20.5 metres from the car space into the room. I am assuming that it is less than this to your seat in the waiting area so you did not walk the full 20.5 metres in one go and you had a rest in between?

It does seem that the DWP are not keeping within their own guidelines of the descriptors.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143992 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
The new 20 metre cut off is being used very proactively judging by posts on the forum.
Its also no coincidence that it scores ten points which puts a person short of twelve but more than eight as required for standard rate.
It seems a very precise measurement to say 20.5 metres and it is part of the reliable test that covers being able to do it repeatedly, safely etc. and in a timely manner which is where the ' no more than double the time of an average fit person' comes in.
I would definitely challenge your award if it were me. You should be prepared to go on to appeal but hopefully a MR will change it with sufficient evidence to disprove all the decision makers statements.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144022 by nicola812
Just off the phone to DWP as received my award letter.
I said I wish for a MR which I will do in writing.
The not so helpful advisor stated you can not do this law has changed sunrise surprise from yesterday 5pm haha. Has anyone heard of this or is the scare tactics as I have 10 points for both mobility & daily living.

I stated I wish my award to be looked at and I have cross referenced medical evidence along with statements used in report.

I will not back down hopefully I get somewhere.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.