× Members

Preparing a meal using a microwave?

More
8 years 4 months ago #145231 by mommaduck
Preparing a meal using a microwave? was created by mommaduck
Assuming that a simple meal of one course consists of 3 components: Protein, carb and vegetable..plus possibly gravy.

Is one assessed as being able to cook a simple meal in a microwave if that meal is pre-prepared for that person or a bought ready meal, if all they are doing is warming the meal in a microwave? (I might also add, burning or scalding themselves removing this meal)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145235 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
I think a microwave meal might count.

There are criteria to think about with microwave meals like eat by date, cooking instructions etc so all this needs thinking about when replying to the question.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145239 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
My understanding was using fresh ingredients ?

More
8 years 4 months ago #145240 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
Hi mommaduck
I was wondering the same thing as was assessed as being able to use microwave whilst on crutch and only have use of one hand.I think they only take putting it in and heating it into consideration and not managing to levitate it out and onto plate .
Will see how next assessment, anytime soon, goes.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145241 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
Thanks, foss27,

That does not take into consideration that one is supposed to be able to prepare, peel and chop etc, fresh ingredients.

I don't have bought ready meals, but my daughters prepare meals for me to heat up as and when I feel ready. They just bring them over to me on a covered plate on a daily basis, although I still have difficulty removing them as I regularly scald myself.

Microwaves do tend to cause a lot of steam, and they also make plates and dishes extremely hot..

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145286 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
I'm not saying its right but I think the facility of meal delivery services allows them to decide that a person unable to prepare a meal can buy a fresh or frozen meal delivered to the door or even freezer I think and then microwave it and this suffices as being able to feed oneself.

Of course not every meal would be a microwaved hot meal.

I may get corrected by Gordon.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by foss27.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.