× Members

Preparing a meal using a microwave?

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145355 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
I think debating these sorts of issues highlight the beauty of the English language.

The DWP can argue that a meal is 'cooked' in a microwave 'oven'. However it has been prepared or produced by someone else. As I rather clumsily and Gordon more thoroughly stated there are a range of issues surrounding the usage of microwaves even though the meal is already prepared. The descriptor clearly includes preparation of the meal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145358 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
Me thinks the DWP will use any means to prevent payment of PIP.....

Another point:

The descriptors state prepare, make ready etc., including, washing, chopping and peeling. What if the claimant prefers raw foods, salads etc?

This is generally my preference, and it is also easier from a consumption point of view as it can be eaten anytime of the day. I don't mind previously cooked cold fish or meat.

For me, this means that I don't have to burn myself taking food from the microwave. It also means that I don't put a meal to heat in the microwave and then forget to take it out and eat it. I can't always remember..strange but very true.

Although not cooked, a salad still needs the same prep as food that is going to be cooked - quite a lot more as there are many salad ingredients, and if the claimant cannot, or safely cannot peel and chop, then does it matter if it is not cooked?

More
8 years 4 months ago #145364 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
Mommaduck

To score points you are going to have to show that there would be issues in your cooking a meal, either on the hob or in the microwave, you will not score points for activities that you choose not to do, only those that you cannot do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145408 by Fluffy fairy queen
Replied by Fluffy fairy queen on topic Preparing a meal using a microwave?
I was unable to stand and cook anything as too ill which she saw on the day of assessment. However I only got 2 points . So u suspect if you can get to the mw and do anything positive you'll get 0 points. I was still awarded 17 points for daily livibg but not on the things I felt I was 100% getting for. I don't understand how they get to their conclusions. ..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.