× Members

AA

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #150863 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic AA

Jessica wrote: Hi

I have sent the MR letter last week and now have some more evidence to send. How do I ask for it to be put with the original letter? How should I word it? Getting brain freeze :unsure:

Thank you
Jessica

Hi J,

Something along the lines of :

" Please take this evidence into account in addition to my letter dated xx/xx/xxxx regarding the Mandatory Reconsideration of the adverse AA decision of xx/xx/xxxx, which you received on xx/xx/xxxx." (if you have proof of delivery, when it was signed for )

Or words to that effect !

You can even attach it to a copy of the original letter explaining that you have.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150913 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic AA
Thank you Bro :)

Greatly appreciated.

Jessica
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152960 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic Successful Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that my father in law found out yesterday he is getting Attendance Allowance after a Mandatory Reconsideration. He is delighted and never thought the DWP would change their minds. He actually told me not to bother as I was probably wasting my time.
I put in for a MD for him well within the time scale and thought I would have some more evidence to send. I'm afraid that fell through due to his consultant appointment being cancelled.
After some excellent advice from Bro I then sent in a letter reiterating how and why my father in law qualified for an AA award whilst cross-referencing to the evidence I had originally sent that indicated he did. This was a GP letter of support that was sent with the AA claim form.
I got a copy of the Factual Report the Dr filled in also and cross-referenced to this as well. So I had no extra evidence to send, just did what Bro said and my father in law went from no award to the high award.
We can't thank you guys enough for the work you do. This will make a big difference to my father in law.

Jessica
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #152975 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Successful Mandatory Reconsideration

Jessica wrote: Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that my father in law found out yesterday he is getting Attendance Allowance after a Mandatory Reconsideration. He is delighted and never thought the DWP would change their minds. He actually told me not to bother as I was probably wasting my time.
I put in for a MD for him well within the time scale and thought I would have some more evidence to send. I'm afraid that fell through due to his consultant appointment being cancelled.
After some excellent advice from Bro I then sent in a letter reiterating how and why my father in law qualified for an AA award whilst cross-referencing to the evidence I had originally sent that indicated he did. This was a GP letter of support that was sent with the AA claim form.
I got a copy of the Factual Report the Dr filled in also and cross-referenced to this as well. So I had no extra evidence to send, just did what Bro said and my father in law went from no award to the high award.
We can't thank you guys enough for the work you do. This will make a big difference to my father in law.

Jessica

Hi J,

That is brilliant news !!! :cheer:

Well done for fighting for your FIL's entitlement !!!

Thanks you very much for your very kind words, it does make our efforts seem all the more worthwhile when we have helped members to gain a successful outcome !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #152977 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic Successful Mandatory Reconsideration
The advice you gave us Bro was invaluable and I followed it to a T. Thank you so much.

My FIL is still on a high and just cannot believe the DWP went from no rate to high rate with no extra medical information sent. Mad or what?

Jessica
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #153014 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic AA
That's great news Jessica! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.