× Members

AA

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153482 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Successful Mandatory Reconsideration

Jessica wrote: Hi

I rang DWP and they have confirmed my Father in law has got an indefinite award and that they see no reason he should be reassessed again at his age.

I was wondering if he would be able to claim for a severe disability premium as he gets a guarantee credit in his pension credit. His wife gets DLA high mobility, middle care and no one claims carer's allowance for either of them. They live on their own. Would a severe disability premium be based on how much money was coming into the house or on savings or is it counted at all?

Thank you for any advice at all.

Jessica

It sounds like they would qualify the quickest way to check is to run their income through one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

SDP is not itself dependant on their income but their Pension Credit is, the SDP increases the applicable amount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigerlily11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.