× Members

Pip prosethis aid advice

More
8 years 1 month ago #155457 by John
Replied by John on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Thank you, medical held earlier. How quick can you request the pa4 and do you request it from atos or the dwp.

Health professional said should have been a paper assessment, who decides on a paper assessment is it dwp or atos?

Health professional said twice that they will ensure not called back at a later date, unless there is a change in government and they change the rules. Not sure what that means but hope they write it on the form!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155466 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip prosethis aid advice

John wrote: Thank you, medical held earlier. How quick can you request the pa4 and do you request it from atos or the dwp.

Health professional said should have been a paper assessment, who decides on a paper assessment is it dwp or atos?

Health professional said twice that they will ensure not called back at a later date, unless there is a change in government and they change the rules. Not sure what that means but hope they write it on the form!

Hi J,

" How quick can you request the pa4 and do you request it from atos or the dwp."

You could give it a week or so then contact DWP via The PIP Helpline ;

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Some members have managed to obtain a copy of The PA4 before receiving the decision, others have had to wait until after.

"Health professional said should have been a paper assessment, who decides on a paper assessment is it dwp or atos?"

ATOS decide !

"Health professional said twice that they will ensure not called back at a later date, unless there is a change in government and they change the rules. Not sure what that means but hope they write it on the form!"

Within the PA4, the PIP Assessor will make recommendations on when they feel that you should be reviewed.

The final decision on this lies with The DWP PIP Case Manager (DM) who makes the final decision and informs you of it in writing.

You can see a "sample" PA4 Medical Report from the 5th link down : This Page

Please keep us updated !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155481 by John
Thanks for the links, yeah I thought it was atos choice! strange for her to say that it should have been a paper review.

Will try the helpline in a week and update.

Wasn't asked to sign any forms or paperwork which was strange

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155486 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip prosethis aid advice

John wrote: Thanks for the links, yeah I thought it was atos choice! strange for her to say that it should have been a paper review.

Will try the helpline in a week and update.

Wasn't asked to sign any forms or paperwork which was strange

Hi J,

"Wasn't asked to sign any forms or paperwork which was strange"

No, that is not a requirement, so "par for the course" !!

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #155764 by John
Ok so feeling anxious and wanting to know what the outcome of the medical I called the dwp. I had intended to wait till next week. They have the medical report but state they don't give out any information over the phone. Has anyone else been given the result over the phone?

They said they can send out the PA4 but they have to do a electronic message to the case manager, that I should get the paperwork in 7 to 10 days. That case managers results were taking about 4 weeks. Assume it's case managers decision if I get the pa4 before their findings?

For reference they said they received the medical paperwork the day after the medical was held, only mention this in case anyone wants to request their form in the future.

Is there any point calling atos seeing if they will give the health professional's findings?

Dwp checked twice our phone number, is it likely a DM will call?

Thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago #155791 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
John

I can understand how anxious you are to hear the result, but I am afraid, based on feedback from the forum, it will not be for some weeks, currently it's taking 4-8 weeks from the assessment for a Decision to be made.

It's DWP practice not to tell the claimant the Decision over the phone, but they will usually tell you if one has been made.

ATOS will not tell you anything about their recommendation!

I would not expect the DM to call you, whatever the result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris