× Members

M.E. and CFS

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #148497 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic M.E. and CFS

bro58 wrote:

wendy wrote: Thank you so much.I have requested audio recording and they have said they will provide this.We are reading through your list of possible questions with my son just now and just have to wait and see and hope for best.Your replies much appreciated

Hi w,

Best of luck for your Son !!

I hope all goes well for him.

Please let us know how he got on by replying to this topic ! :)

bro58

Just to add, if you have already requested that they record the assessment and they have agreed, you might want to check that audio recording facilities are in place when you first report to the Reception !

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149097 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic M.E. and CFS
I do not feel able to say too much about how face to face assessment went for my son last thursday - i am drained and emotional goodness knows how he feels but I thought I would mention a couple of things that I had not expected.He was asked to deduct 7 from 100 and then 7 from that answer and so on and he was given a memory test - told 3 words and then assessor asked few questions then asked him to remember the 3 words.I had never heard mention of that happening on this site or any other.I believe it was done because I had questioned why under mental and cognitive section she only asked about thoughts of suicide and when I mentioned the brain fog of M.E. she said i dealt with that when I asked about using a washing machine.My son had said he keeps washing machine on the setting the person who fitted it left it on and that is the truth .And just puts underwear in and I do the rest.Anyway i have said more than I thought I could today - and I guess I did not do good enough job filling in the e50 questionnaire and will start to prepare for mandatory reassessment.And thank you for mentioning to ask about recording equipment to receptionist - it was found and she took it to the room and I or my husband will listen to it before anything else happens.Thanks again and hope that maybe something I have said may help others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.