× Members

PIP Interview Fear

• rayisfun@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #149333 by rayisfun@hotmail.com
Replied by rayisfun@hotmail.com on topic PIP Interview Fear
Elisa, I'm sorry to hear about your son. Thanks for your good wishes. I'll report back about the assessment after the weekend.

The assessment is tomorrow. Haven't slept much tonight. Should I take the form I sent them explaining how my illness affect me? Can I use it to recall the different ways my illness affects me during the assessment? The CAB helped me with it and the support worker pointed out things I hadn't realised. I'm not sure I'll remember everything otherwise especially if I get upset. If I get too upset to continue will that count against me?

My GP prescribed diazepam this week for the assessment should I mention that? She also prescribed a different SSRI and the plan is to change over by reducing the one I'm on and then starting the new one so that there are no interactions. We agreed not to do this until after the assessment. Should I bring all these different drugs with me?

In my form I explained that I was intending to start intensive CBT but after two 90 minute assessments and a 12 page form with dozens of questions to fill in each time I asked to postpone it because it's more than I can cope with at the moment. I hope to be referred to 121 counselling instead for the time being. Should I explain all that too?

Apologies for all these last minute questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Interview Fear
Spectralis

Posts are moderated, so they will not appear in the forum until a Moderator approves them.

Yes, you can take the form with you and refer to it, but if you can try not to and if you do, then explain why you are doing so to the assessor.

You should certainly tell them about the Diazepam at the beginning of the appointment.

Also tell them about the CBT otherwise they may assume that it going well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• rayisfun@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #149442 by rayisfun@hotmail.com
Replied by rayisfun@hotmail.com on topic PIP Interview Fear
Thanks so much for your help and advice. Sorry for sending another post. I panicked that it hadn't gone through my end.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.