× Members

fibromylagia

• sylvia
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149154 by sylvia
fibromylagia was created by sylvia
hello does anyone suffer with fibro and is getting pip
i have this since 2010 i had disabillity payments then pip came in and i have been refused i appealed and went to court and the judge said although he can see i got worse i should apply again
i have all consultants letters and i am finding it hard to grasp that i have been refused .
i take pain killers constantly and i am in pain all day every day and alot of the time being unable to do anything
does anyone out there have any problems dealing with pip with this condition
:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic fibromylagia

sylvia wrote: hello does anyone suffer with fibro and is getting pip
i have this since 2010 i had disabillity payments then pip came in and i have been refused i appealed and went to court and the judge said although he can see i got worse i should apply again
i have all consultants letters and i am finding it hard to grasp that i have been refused .
i take pain killers constantly and i am in pain all day every day and alot of the time being unable to do anything
does anyone out there have any problems dealing with pip with this condition
:(

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that your appeal was unsuccessful.

You can appeal this Tribunal Decision but only because there has been an Error of Law? , the first stage to your doing so if for you to request a Tribunals – Statement of Reasons .

From your post, it would seem that the Judge is saying that a new claim for PIP might be more successful, have your conditions deteriorated at all since you originally applied for PIP?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• sylvia
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149208 by sylvia
Replied by sylvia on topic fibromylagia
hello gorgan
thanks for getting back to me
first of all i had dla then it changed to pip and i didnt get it i went to the appeal and the judge was very nice but he said to try again i have the support of my consultant .for fibro .
i have a bad back and had an op in 2010 since then had fibro ,i have got worse i have now got periarticular osteoporosis in my hand and also in my knees also i think its in my feet now
but its difficuit to get this through to them

More
8 years 2 months ago #149217 by Gordon

sylvia wrote: hello gorgan
thanks for getting back to me
first of all i had dla then it changed to pip and i didnt get it i went to the appeal and the judge was very nice but he said to try again i have the support of my consultant .for fibro .
i have a bad back and had an op in 2010 since then had fibro ,i have got worse i have now got periarticular osteoporosis in my hand and also in my knees also i think its in my feet now
but its difficuit to get this through to them

I'm afraid you cannot challenge the Tribunal's Decision because you do not agree with it.

Also, the Tribunal was only able to look at you conditions as there were at the time of the Decision that you appealed, any change in your condition since then would have been legally excluded from their deliberations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• sylvia
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149218 by sylvia
Replied by sylvia on topic fibromylagia
yes they have i do get some good days but really good days are bad days abd bad days are worse than bad days as i can not do anything at apart from making a cup of tea .
this is when my pain is so bad
so on a good day the pain is still there all over but i can move around abit more
on a really good day i go out with my husband to do the shop but i cant lift bags etc
just being in the car has its problems with pain
this is also a slient problem .my consultant is good and he wrote a letter to the appeal but it was late getting there weather or not that would of helped he did put chronic fibromylagia pain

More
8 years 2 months ago #149220 by Gordon

sylvia wrote: yes they have i do get some good days but really good days are bad days abd bad days are worse than bad days as i can not do anything at apart from making a cup of tea .
this is when my pain is so bad
so on a good day the pain is still there all over but i can move around abit more
on a really good day i go out with my husband to do the shop but i cant lift bags etc
just being in the car has its problems with pain
this is also a slient problem .my consultant is good and he wrote a letter to the appeal but it was late getting there weather or not that would of helped he did put chronic fibromylagia pain

See my last post. :)

PIP has very specific criteria which a claimant needs to meet for an award, have a look at the PIP Claim guide for details of these.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.