× Members

DLA to PIP Home assessment

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155953 by Linnty
Replied by Linnty on topic DLA to PIP Home assessment
Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou!!!

Thankyou to all of the moderators and your so very detailed guides on how to fill in the PIP form. I was convinced I'd be asking for a reconsideration on my DLA to PIP transfer, and had been reading up on how to go about that. I'd been on tenterhooks everyday till the postman had been.

Finally the dreaded brown envelope arrived this morning. So much relief. I've been awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and care. I must have miscounted the points myself, but the scores were all detailed. The letters from my GP and consultant must really have helped; my GP one was really supportive; as the best thing is that they've agreed with them that my condition is unlikely to change so I've been given the max possible review period, so none expected before 2026 :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Home assessment

Linnty wrote: Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou!!!

Thankyou to all of the moderators and your so very detailed guides on how to fill in the PIP form. I was convinced I'd be asking for a reconsideration on my DLA to PIP transfer, and had been reading up on how to go about that. I'd been on tenterhooks everyday till the postman had been.

Finally the dreaded brown envelope arrived this morning. So much relief. I've been awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and care. I must have miscounted the points myself, but the scores were all detailed. The letters from my GP and consultant must really have helped; my GP one was really supportive; as the best thing is that they've agreed with them that my condition is unlikely to change so I've been given the max possible review period, so none expected before 2026 :)

A terrific way to start the week. Many Congratulations and thank you for your comments about the guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156060 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP Home assessment
That's great news Linnty! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W guides :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.