× Members

ESA50 advice please

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154002 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA50 advice please

Shemarie wrote: Hi there. I'm doing my best to crack on with the form (and feeling nauseous about the Budget). I've hit a bit of a wall and would appreciate clarification.
It's specifically about the 'use this space/ if you need more space'. I'm trying to provide as much detail as possible to be as accurate as possible (for the relevant questions, that is). In these specific places, is it possible to provide too much detail and information? Ditto page 5 'conditions, illnesses and disabilities' (I don't mean supporting medical evidence).
Thanks.

Hi S,

Did you read the information from this link provided previously about continuing on added A4 pages ? :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Even if you are not using the PDF ESA50, you can still use added pages for more information.

You cannot have "too much" information, although I would go for quality over quantity.

You will probably find that providing in depth responses does involve repeating information.

I always approach the ESA50 by identifying the Activities where one would suffer limitations in carrying them out.

Then I list the limitations that would be suffered in carrying them out whilst also referring/cross referencing to the pages of medical evidence that confirm the medical conditions that cause the resulting limitations.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154011 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic ESA50 advice please
Thank you Bro58. Yes, that's pretty much what I've been trying to do.

I was just getting worried about the amount I'm writing for certain questions and apprehensive about being seen to over-egg or labour the point.

Thanks for reassuring me- appreciated!

More
8 years 1 month ago #154240 by Shemarie
Another bit of advice appreciated, please (sorry). This one is about the deadline. I'm totally clear that I don't want to risk overshooting this.

However, my deadline is the 31 March, and to make sure it's in the post before the bank holiday, I need to basically reduce the filling-in time by a week.

For my own peace of mind and to avoid mistakes caused by rushing, if I were to get it in the post signed for on the 29 March, would the bank holiday be taken into account if the post was delayed? Have others had experience of this?

Many thanks.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154246 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 advice please

Shemarie wrote: Another bit of advice appreciated, please (sorry). This one is about the deadline. I'm totally clear that I don't want to risk overshooting this.

However, my deadline is the 31 March, and to make sure it's in the post before the bank holiday, I need to basically reduce the filling-in time by a week.

For my own peace of mind and to avoid mistakes caused by rushing, if I were to get it in the post signed for on the 29 March, would the bank holiday be taken into account if the post was delayed? Have others had experience of this?

Many thanks.

Speak to the Post Office about delivery options for getting it there on time, whilst the DWP do not allow for Bank Holidays when they set return dates, it would be a valid reason for the return being late.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154248 by Shemarie
Thank you Gordon, much appreciated.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154430 by Shemarie
Hi there,

I'm just trying to incorporate Shelam's earlier advice (about linking deterioration in mental state to deterioration of physical condition) at the end of the ESA50.

Is it appropriate to make a direct request to remain in the SG in this space? Or would this just be a red rag to a bull/ asking for trouble/viewed with suspicion? Or is it acceptable/standard/usual?

So scared of putting a foot wrong. Advice appreciated.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.