× Members

Problems with the web site

More
7 years 11 months ago #157969 by Ellen
Problems with the web site was created by Ellen
Is anyone else having problems getting the web site to load? It's fine on my mobile but not my laptop. I've tried asking the technical help people by email but they couldn't help. I just get left with 'connecting ...'or the server at benefitsandwork is taking too long to respond. I've tried the obvious things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157977 by 58ully
Replied by 58ully on topic Problems with the web site
Hi Abby I assume you have Cleared your Web browser cache?

More
7 years 11 months ago #157987 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Problems with the web site
hi yes cleared the cache (several times), cookies, history - everything- restarted firefox, restarted computer, checked for viruses/malware - when I can get it to load it's really really slow - yet my phone is fine.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157988 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Problems with the web site

abby wrote: hi yes cleared the cache (several times), cookies, history - everything- restarted firefox, restarted computer, checked for viruses/malware - when I can get it to load it's really really slow - yet my phone is fine.

How does your PC connect to your router, cable or wifi? Is your phone connecting via phone network of through the router?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #157994 by otoviano
Replied by otoviano on topic date of posts
Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I find the site abit hard to navigate, just a quick question, where on the messages can you see the date they were posted? I've looked at things on the forum and I can't see how recent the posts are, thank you in advance

More
7 years 11 months ago #157999 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Problems with the web site
hi - my phone works on both - I can access here on the phone network and my router. My computer is via my BT home hub/wifi - all other web sites (ebay, bbc, outlook, etc ) are fine and working as normal. It's just been since the site here changed/had issues with the server over the bank holiday that it's been giving me problems.
My only thought is that maybe the new server set up doesn't work too great on windows xp and is designed for mobiles/tablets/later windows.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.