× Members

Problems with the web site

More
7 years 11 months ago #158018 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Problems with the web site
Laptop is via router , phone is also on router as is iPad . I know my router is fine as it's just this web site that won't load/ work properly- it was all good until the server changed and stuff went off over the bank holiday- it's not worked since.
My only thought is that the new server doesn't work with computers still running Windows xp- which my laptop is- and it's only been set up for later versions/ mobiles/ tablets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158034 by Jenga
Replied by Jenga on topic Problems with the web site
Having the same problem. Site works fine on my Windows Vista Desktop running Chrome or Firefox and Apple iPhone 5s running Safari but freezes on the home page on my Windows XP laptop running either of the above browsers or IE. I've changed nothing in the laptop setup since it was working fine a few days ago! So what's changed on the site server? All are wireless.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158038 by Ellen
My pc is via my router, phone works on both router and phone wifi- iPad fine on router. All other sites are good on my laptop- just this one that hasn't worked since the server changed over the bank holiday . My only thought is that the new server set up the b&w web site has doesn't work right with Windows xp and is only geared towards mobiles/later versions .

More
7 years 11 months ago #158067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic date of posts

lucy wrote: Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I find the site abit hard to navigate, just a quick question, where on the messages can you see the date they were posted? I've looked at things on the forum and I can't see how recent the posts are, thank you in advance

The Date of posting is not displayed but how long ago it was posted is, next to the title of the post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: otoviano

More
7 years 11 months ago #158068 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Problems with the web site
Abby

Unfortunately, as XP is now out of support it is possible that changes to the site have created this problem, although last weekends outage was more to do with hardware problems than software ones.

I'm afraid that I am running our of ideas, have you tried another browser, such as Chrome?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158100 by Ellen
Hi
yes I've tried both IE and Chrome as well as Firefox - but anything on XP doesn't seem to work - and when it does it takes ages to load/I have to keep reloading.
I guess the most likely thing is because as you say XP isn't supported - which is frustrating as I find my laptop a whole lot easier to use than poking at my phone screen!

At least this thread should help anyone else who is battling with XP that it's not just them and there is a reason it doesn't work.!
abby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.