× Members

PIP medical

More
7 years 11 months ago #158746 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic PIP medical
Thank you Gordon, this is very helpful, unfortunatley I had my assesment today and didnt see you response.

I think it went really bad, your right she did push and lead towards a certain response and after reading all the guides it was so difficult to get across how things are, she rushed me and would interrupt with her own conclusion.

every question felt like a trick question, she was very nice lady and off the first few questions saying hello etc she had gathered enough infomation to use against me to say that the things I had said was not right, I.e hobbie I explained I liked to read but after I have read a few pages i am unable to tell you what has been said/happened but she took from that that i can read and understand. This is not always the case to the point I hadnt taken in I needed I.D with me.

She did say I had overwellming medical evidence but i just dont know if this will be enough given the way things go.

feel like i couldnt give enough details dispite preparing as best i could.

just hope that my medical information will be enought. totally nerve racking and everything just goes out the window.

thanks for all you help. Will let you know the outcome. once again thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158756 by Ian
could i also ask for some advice..... at the medical which was very rushed the asseser said "at the end i could ask you to do some physical activited but i can see your in a lot of pain so wont, but so your aware i will say you declined" how will this be looked upon by dwp?

many thanks :S

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158759 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP medical
Hi Ian,

The claimant has the right to refuse to undertake any activity that would cause them pain, breathlessness etc. The important thing is that the reason for the refusal is made absolutely clear, it is not just a case of refusing to co-operate.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158762 by Ian
I didnt refused, she said that she wouldnt ask me because she could see i was in pain, however she would put down on the form that I declined. But i didnt??

More
7 years 11 months ago #158763 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical

Ian wrote: I didnt refused, she said that she wouldnt ask me because she could see i was in pain, however she would put down on the form that I declined. But i didnt??

The only thing I can suggest is that you write to the DWP immediately explaining what happened and emphasising that you did not refuse, but be aware, by doing this you are implying that you could do the exercises and are therefore establishing a level of capability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.