× Members

FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT

More
8 years 1 day ago #157335 by mandyh
FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT was created by mandyh
anyone now how long esa claims take now , my husband is on esa in support group was put on that 3yrs ago now the review letter was sent I filled it in and sent it back on the 18th of march , and still not heard anything as yet just wondering how long is it you have to wait for any correspondence from them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #157338 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT
Hi Mandyh

I think it depends on the area where you live and how busy they are! If you're concerned, phone them and ask how your claim is progressing? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandyh

More
7 years 11 months ago #158521 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT
:( Can anyone help my husband has been on esa for the last 3yrs after having to migrate over from IB he had a face to face 3yrs ago and was put in the support group we have just had to fill in a new ESA50 questionnaire as it is up for review it has now been 8 weeks and I have just contacted the health assessment service and they said that they received my form on the 18th of march and the doctors report on the 17th of april they have now said he needs another face to face and is In a cue , I cant understand why he would have to have another face to face when his conditions have got worse and is on more medication from last last a lot more can anyone help or guide me what I must do and can I ask my own doctor of the report they have sent , thanks im pulling my hair out over all this

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158534 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT
Hi Mandy,

I have merged your query with the previous one about your husband's ESA claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

It is very common for claimants to be required to attend a face2face assessment. The assessor will not have access to your husbands previous paperwork so they will not know how poorly he was before he deteriorated (if that makes sense!). That is why every ESA50 form must be completed in full and evidence sent in each time.

If you look at our ESA guide, towards the back, there is a section that tells you what to expect at the face2face interview.

Your husband is entitled to ask the GP to show him what he wrote on the form (or for a copy) if, indeed, Maximus did get in touch. They only do so in about 25% of cases (and only 25% of GPs actually return the form!).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158570 by mandyh
Replied by mandyh on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT
another query if any one can help I phoned yesterday 14/5/2016 ( maxiums ) for an update that's when they said your husband needs a face to face , but only said he is in a cue and don't no how long it will be can anyone guide me on they time scale or delays there having , and will my husband still get his esa payments until another decision is made its all confusing and very stressful not only for me but for my husband , thanks again for any advice :( :( :(

More
7 years 11 months ago #158590 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FACE TO FACE ASSESMENT

mandyh wrote: another query if any one can help I phoned yesterday 14/5/2016 ( maxiums ) for an update that's when they said your husband needs a face to face , but only said he is in a cue and don't no how long it will be can anyone guide me on they time scale or delays there having , and will my husband still get his esa payments until another decision is made its all confusing and very stressful not only for me but for my husband , thanks again for any advice :( :( :(

Yes your husband will continue to receive his current payments until a new Decision is made, subject to his payments not be limited by the 365 day rule for ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.