× Members

PIP Initial Call & Mental Health Questions

More
7 years 9 months ago #162064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Initial Call & Mental Health Questions
pgkay

I'm afraid we have only seen this question asked on a few occasions. we certainly cannot qualify whether it is only being asked to claimants with mental health problems or women.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162094 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Initial Call & Mental Health Questions
How would the DWP call centre staff know beforehand whether someone had a history of mental health problems?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162157 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic PIP Initial Call & Mental Health Questions
I am very worried about this. I had to start my 'invitation' to claim pip recently. I had in front of me a sample copy of pip1with my details filled in. I did this to try keep myself as calm as poss and so I had some kind of record of what had been said. I can't cope at all ringing these people but had no one else at hand to call them for me.I found the process extremely daunting and I almost had to hang up cos I thought I was gonna be sick. Anyway on the form it definitely asks on page 17 if you have any mental health problems. I thought this was to give sufferers extra time to fill pip2 form in. I was asked if I had been hospitalised. Nowhere on the form does it mention this. This form was printed off for me from the gov website. I was so thrown by this I said no, forgetting that I was when much younger. He did tell me however that I could ring for an extension later on a diff number. II also refused to give a telephone number by the way, asking them to write as I can't cope speaking to them on the phone. Already had endless txts from them. No idea how they got my number as I have always refused to give them this. Already thinking of ditching claim as not coping, but know this is what they want. Sorry not jumping in on your thread, will start my own soon. Just thought you'd like to hear from someone else about this issue. Good luck!

More
7 years 9 months ago #162189 by pg
There was an earlier question when they asked If I agreed to DWP using previous records from DLA/ESA in assessing the PIP claim. They they, I think, called up these records and continued the phone interview. At least that's what I recall.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.