× Members

ESA decision received then assessment date arrived

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #162996 by slugsta
I am sorry to hear about the shingles :( I do hope you are soon feeling much better.

You can contact DWP to request a copy of the ESA85 (assessor's report) as soon as you like - although you might be told that it will not be sent until after a decision has been made.

Here's hoping you don't have to wait much longer for a favourable decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SB07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163740 by SB07
Well, still in pain with shingles although medication given has helped.

Been for PIP assessment today and feeling absolutely wrung out. Lovely assessor, I was a wreck but as we all know that doesn't mean anything.

On top of this, ESA rang me whilst in my PIP medical and left a message to say they would ring back, if they did, I also missed that call too!

When we got home, my husband rang the helpline to be told my ESA claim has been refused, therefore, am now waiting for letter confirming this, plus a copy of the medical report. Believe it or not, my condition has worsened and apparently I have scored less, unbelievable.

Had the same assessor as last time I went to ESA assessment and was placed in WRG it was only after appeal that I received the support allowance.

Absolutely gutted and in total despair! Not sure I can face another appeal at the moment!

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163748 by slugsta
What a terrible day you have had, no wonder you are exhausted!

I suggest you try to get some sleep and worry about your ESA tomorrow (or the day after). The one month in which to request MR does not start until the decision letter has been sent, so you don't need to do anything today.

When you do start to think about the next step regarding your ESA, this would be a good place to start.

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SB07

More
7 years 9 months ago #163763 by SB07
Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

Feel wrung out and tearful today but have drs appointment. Going to see whether I can arrange a fit note backdated if it is required. Other than that it is a recover day!

I have to say this forum gives an insight into what people have to go through and makes you realise it is not a one off or personal situation, even though it feels like it at the moment.

Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163820 by SB07
Been to see gp who will support me as, when and if necessary.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165059 by SB07
Latest update.....
Went to PIP assessment last week and sent letter confirming mandatory request for ESA today following verbal request Monday just gone. Back to the waiting game.

Thank you for your support.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.