× Members

ESA Renewal and PIP Claim Questions

More
7 years 9 months ago #163958 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal and PIP Claim Questions
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know, it does encourage other members when they see people who have had successful claims. Thanks also for your kind words about B+W :) :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166229 by Flakie
Replied by Flakie on topic ESA Renewal and PIP Claim Questions
Well I guess it was nice of them to give me a few weeks without the stress and worry but today the ESA50 (04/15) arrived.

Guess I better download the guides and then ask my 'friend' to help me to complete it.

If any questions I will post here.

Many thanks in advance ;)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166368 by Flakie
Not sure if I got it here or maybe another site but with my previous ESA claim I included a document that stated regulations 29 and 35 apply to me.
If it was here, where can I find an updated version?

Cheers :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166371 by Flakie
I have also recently been diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnoea and given a CPAP device.
My mental Health as deteriorated in the last few years and another additional diagnosis has been given recently in addition to what I had last time I completed the ESA50.
I got into the support group 3 years ago with no face-to-face assessment, base solely on my mental health. So should just as easily this time (in theory) with a worsening condition.
Is it even worth mentioning the Sleep Apnoea?
I have suspected I have had this for many years and it does impact on my life enormously but not sure if to even mention it on the ESA50. More effort than it is worth to go into detail about this?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166378 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal and PIP Claim Questions
HI New-Man,

The ESA guide describes the Exceptional Circumstances rule and what you need to do to prove it applies to you.

ESA claims and appeals

As far as the Sleep Apnoea is concerned, I would probably include it at this stage - then DWP are already aware if it worsens enough to score points in the future, even if it doesn't now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flakie

More
7 years 8 months ago #166379 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Renewal and PIP Claim Questions

New_Man wrote: Not sure if I got it here or maybe another site but with my previous ESA claim I included a document that stated regulations 29 and 35 apply to me.
If it was here, where can I find an updated version?

Cheers :)

Black Diamond host these letters, be careful as the last time I checked them they did not reflect the current legislation.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Flakie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.