× Members

only 3 days ago did Pip 1 on phone pip2 came today

More
7 years 9 months ago #163741 by duckduckdo
Hi. Give yourself time by reading through the PIP members guide on how to complete each question. Then look at the q's on the PIP2 form alongside the members PIP guide and answer the q's on sheets of paper before completing the form. Don't worry about getting up to date GP reports etc. I was on indefinite DLA until Dec when I was told it was stopping and felt just as upset and stressed as you are now. I followed the guides to the letter. If you are genuinely ill it is not difficult to explain how your illness/disabilities affect you, don't understate this either, which is what most of us tend to do as this is the only way the DWP can make a decision on your case so if you don't tell them they don't know. The moderators are all fantastic on here. You can often find the answer to your q's by looking on this forum. Don't make the error of thinking as you had DLA you should get PIP they are very different. I sent copies of old X-rays etc which were still valid. My GP refused to give me a support letter, so I asked my career for one. This site became my best friend guideing me through the minefield. I had a face2face. I rang to request a copy of the report. Do as much as you can to get the awards you are entitled to by using this site. Don't discuss your financial difficulties as it isn't relative to you getting an award just stick to the point of answering the questions and any further evidence you have. Photocopy everything before you send it by recorded delivery. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163745 by slugsta
I would like to say 'Thank you' to members who have responded with advice - and also for your kind words of support for us mods :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

More
7 years 9 months ago #163756 by spasm
Hi I have to wish you the best of luck with you transition from DLA to PIP I am waiting for the same thing to happen to me I dread the mail man every day, the advice the mods will give you is excellent information, they have helped me go through Esa forms twice, I read other peoples posts as well which help, I think this forum is a place to ask for help not general discussions, I think that way you get the right advice strait away from people who know what they are talking about, but be sure everyone one this forum cares about all the other people who are going through this very difficult time, as were all in the same boat.

Yours

Spasm
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.