× Members

PIP Assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #165941 by ploppy
Replied by ploppy on topic PIP Assessment
Sorry to hear that, sounds terrible. I guess I was very lucky my PIP assessor was very nice and I had no probs.
I have read many terrible stories on here and when vulnerable people are put through this hell it needs looking at from higher up.
Perhaps a email of what you've been through and how its left you to your MP and (don't laugh) Jeremy Corbyn. He may look into this if enough people wrote to him complaining, he seems to 'like' hearing about these sort of things. It needs to be out in the open how people are treated. You have nothing to lose, I know if it was me I wouldn't hesitate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diane10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166330 by Diane10
Replied by Diane10 on topic PIP Assessment
Hi, again,
I haven't received my copy of assessors report yet, but i'm wondering if the phone call that states 'we now have all the information we need' is a standard one that everyone receives, even after the F2F.

Also, if I lose my entitlement to DLA/PIP do I also need to be reassessed for ESA?
TIA

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166341 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
Hi Diane,

Yes, I'm afraid the message you received was routine and doesn't give any indication of the eventual decision.

How long ago did you request the assessor's report? Did you ask on the phone or in writing? If you have not submitted a written request it is probably worth doing so if you have waited for a couple of weeks without anything arriving. Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to phone DWP and ask whether it has been dispatched.

It is currently taking an average of around 8 weeks following the face2face assessment for the decision letter to arrive.

We have not seen a refusal of PIP used to trigger an ESA reassessment. Don't forget that DWP cannot simply end your ESA without a reassessment and new decision!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168515 by Diane10
Replied by Diane10 on topic PIP Assessment
Well, I guessed right!!!!

I've gone from indefinite DLA both to no PIP at all. Just to make matters worse, I phoned pip today to find out where my assessors report had got to, they said we sent it on the 2nd of Sept, so someone in the village seems to have my report detailing my physical and mental health, oh, joy! To be fair the man on the phone was lovely and very understanding and had a look at my result and told me i'm not entitled to PIP. I just don't think I've got the energy to fight. But now as I have bedroom tax (extra bedroom for carer to stay over) and an overpayment to contend with weekly I can't see me surviving on what I will get (which will be ESA support group, and no doubt they will question that now too). Obviously I can not pay for the help I've been having and i'm thinking i'm going to have to move to downsize. God, I can see why people end it all. This is soooo stressful.

So, it's mandatory reconsideration which I understand is rubber stamped and a long wait for tribunal. How does anyone cope???

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168529 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
I am so sorry that your suspicions were correct :(

You have a choice now between MR (and, potentially, appeal) or you can reapply straight away if you prefer. A new application might be a good plan if, for instance, you think there are problems with the way you filled in the PIP2 form and presented your evidence.

In fact, you can do both - but the new claim decision would supersede any tribunal decision, so you should consider carefully before you go down that route.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.