× Members

PIP Assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #165046 by annlouise
Replied by annlouise on topic PIP Assessment
I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal. I had my assesment todayand it was just the opposite. I had read up beforehand on here and other sites about the process and I was dreading it .My husband came in with me and the H.P could not have been more empathtic. She didn;t rush me or query any of my answers, just seemed to write down all our answers to her queries. Looked out for signs of ''tripping me up'' but nothing. The experience was nothing like I thought it would be, but who knows the outcome, that is not down to her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165074 by Diane10
Replied by Diane10 on topic PIP Assessment
Thanks for your reply, Alison. I'm still gutted and distressed by the way she treated me. Don't know if I should bother appealing if I don't get anything as I will not put myself through that again. Life's bad enough without having to put myself through that humiliation.

I hope your appeal goes well.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165134 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP Assessment
hi diane ,,
they are making it very difficult in order for people to be awarded pip now ,, i know ecactly how you feel hun , since joining this site i cannot believe how many are going through the same and being treated unfairly by thes so called health assessors ,i knew as soon as she left i wasnt going to be succesfull just had that gut feeling,and turned out to be correct ,i was on my own during the assessment and had noone for support so i think she took that as an advantage in the way she treated me ,spent most of time crying through it and tryin to control my anxiety ,but in report she wrote i had good eye contact all way through ,good memory and didnt appear to be anxious throughout ,!! just lies ,, dont be too disheartend and try not to worry urself too much on results ,but if you dont succeed i would advise you to go forward and fight for what you should be entitled too,. ,it is stressfull if ime honest as i didnt know where to start appealing , but they have been fab on here with advice and guide to help along the way ,,plus you could go to CAB and they would either help you or refer you to someone who deals with appeals so they would help you and represent you in court ,,it is scary though i no ime dreading it ,but i do feel strongly that ime entitled to this benefit and ime not taking a HA or DM , final say !! as a 40 minute assessment is impossible to decide how a persons illness or health conditions are day to day ,there not trained psychiatrists nor are they experts in other illnesses and i find it incredible that the final decsion makers . are getting away with making these decisions based on lies from atos and capita reports !!
alison,. :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #165304 by Diane10
Well, it's been a few days. I'm getting over the assessment but still want to complain to someone about her attitude. If we were interviewed in a hospital or MH facility they wouldn't get away with what they are getting away with. They would simply be struck off.

I know people say to wait for the result but I feel very strongly that she ought to be reported. Can I ask who I do I phone for the copy of her report. Is it DWP?

Thanks for being here everyone.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165340 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
Hi Diane,

Yes, phone the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessor's report. You can complain to ATOS/Capita if you wish

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html

You can also complain to her governing body (which would be NMC if she is a nurse, GMC for doctor etc)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diane10

More
7 years 8 months ago #165364 by Diane10
Well, I have now phoned DWP for a copy of the report. They don't have it yet although it was done last Wednesday. They said to wait 2 or 3 weeks for it. Somehow I got the impression that the report was typed up and sent by email to DWP. Is this not so, or do you think they are collecting more evidence?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.