× Members

PIP face to face assesment

More
7 years 7 months ago #168208 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic PIP face to face assesment
On this theme. As the assessor has clearly even read what is in my wifes PIP forms due to them sending out an appointment for 8.10 in Birmingham and it quite clearly states in my wifes PIP form that she rarely if ever is awake before 9.30 am due to medication she is on.

Is it wise to take photos of all the disability aids she uses such as walk in wet room with seat and grab rails. Stairlift and commodes around the house etc etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168212 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP face to face assesment
Hi Jackie,

I believe that the first appointment is usually made by computer without any reference to the claimant's form!

You can take photos with you if you wish, it certainly won't do any harm (but the assessor might not wish to see them).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168724 by limited
Replied by limited on topic PIP face to face assesment
I'm sure people ask you if they have to attend a PIP face to face assesment and the answer is yes, but is that always the case? I was due to have one Friday last week at home, but the stress of it caused me to take an overdose n I ended up in hospital, I've just received letter from atos stating home face to face Monday next week, I am at risk of overdosing again, my GP has previously sent letters n info atos asked for, but atos say they still need to see me.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168725 by limited
Atos gave me an appointment for face to face at an assesment centre for 9 am, they then admitted that they hadn't even read me form yet!

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168737 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP face to face assesment
Hi Janet.

I'm sorry that this is affecting you so badly :(

It is up to the Assessment Provider to decide whether they have enough information to make a recommendation without the claimant being seen. However, they clearly should not be pushing for a face2face when they have been told it is causing the claimant so many problems.

as your GP has already been in touch, the only other thing I can suggest is to contact your MP and see if they can 'encourage' ATOS to make a recommendation based on your paperwork alone. However, there is an obvious problem with this, IE if they do not feel they have enough information to make a recommendation in your favour . . .

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: limited

More
7 years 7 months ago #168828 by limited
Dunno if this is too late for you, iit sounds like she will have problems getting to assessment centre, using any steps at assessment centre, and walking around within it etc, and there is evidence to prove this, ie appointments with GP over phone or at home, and if medication has to be delivered to home address, this is reasons to have a face to face at home, you need to try and get GP to write letter stating medical reasons why it should be at home, that's what I did. I was given appointment for face to face at assessment centre and atos admitted that they hadn't even read my form before giving me the appointment!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.