× Members

Anyone had HELP from MP ?

More
7 years 5 months ago #172699 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Anyone had HELP from MP ?
When I was transferred from indefinite IB to ESA it was nightmare for 9 months. I was put in WRAG without a ftf even though I qualified for Support group on first descriptor alone. The DWP were ignoring all supporting evidence or completely ignoring me and as I cannot use the phone I was getting suicidal :( I emailed my MP, Tory, and explained the situation and he put one of his case workers on it. She phoned the dwp for me many many times and contacted me by email.weekly. A week after she first got involved The DWP finally wrote to me. Long story short I still had to appeal but I do believe her help got things moving each time everything ground to a halt.
Good luck
Linda x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Anyone had HELP from MP ?
Cipolar

You may want to wait to contact your MP about this, it will be a while until the DWP are informed of your appeal request and they will likely wish to prepare their own submission for the appeal before they have any thought of a revision (if they even consider this), they have four weeks to do this although it does not usually take them this amount of time.

You also need to consider that you MP cannot interfere in a legal process and an appeal is a legal process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172716 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic Anyone had HELP from MP ?
Thank You for reply about when to contact MP and I won't write to her yet.

Having read your previous reply I thought my best hope of any help from the MP would be to ask her if the DWP can reconsider the decision before the appeal as it is having a serious effect on my mental health.

Now less confident about this working.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172717 by Chris77
Hi Linda

Thank You for taking the trouble to write. The information is very useful.
I will bare in mind what you said in order to ensure if there are further delays and think I
understand a bit more how I can get the use of my MP

Carl

More
7 years 5 months ago #172732 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Anyone had HELP from MP ?

Cipolar wrote: Thank You for reply about when to contact MP and I won't write to her yet.

Having read your previous reply I thought my best hope of any help from the MP would be to ask her if the DWP can reconsider the decision before the appeal as it is having a serious effect on my mental health.

Now less confident about this working.

I would not put too much hope in the DWP making a revision unless you have submitted new and significant evidence. Changes to their Decision at this point in the process are quite rare and are certainly a lot less likely than at the MR stage.

Also be aware, both the DWP and the Appeal panel can only consider your conditions and limitations as they were at the time the Decision was made, any change for the worse or better since then is legally excluded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172755 by Chris77
Thankyou Gordon

Yes actually I was already seriously ill with Bipolar and all the illnesses when the initial application went in. The other illnesses are listed as Chronic so will not get better like Heart Disease and have medical proof.Am glad you have said not to put to much hope in them overturning the decision pre appeal as I won't get my hopes up to much then.

Am pleased you replied and mentioned it is usually done on the MR, though I understand that is quite rare. I am able to prove quite easily the effects on my daily living, just that they do not want to listen as then they will have to pay me what I am entitled to.

The best hope you have given me is about the medical evidence. Someone from the mental health team is going through the whole form to deal with the daily effect on my life. So far only I have done that and they have just ignored it. But now it will deal with the entire form from a mental health perspective. Have always been on High for looking after myself as the bipolar effects my daily living drastically.

Sound like this is my only chance of a quick conclusion.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.