× Members

Hi

More
7 years 4 months ago #177070 by PolaBear
Replied by PolaBear on topic Hi
Any link to where they are? Specifically. Have looked at the guide but like I said, want to go on what is going to be valuable.

If I call for the ESA1 form and have the questions on the phone, if done right could this make it clear that it should go to a certain decision? Or is that call just get things started? Right now my fit notes have been vague as the jobcrntre didn't need to know all the details. Does this now change? The DR I see will provide me with a letter and evidence, as well as a diagnosis letter from psychological services, is this where to use it? Or is better to stay vague until the next form?

Also, I know this could be any answer, but generally how long does it take from a call to the form? The Dr will want to know how long to do a fit note for and will cover for that time.

This feels so weird, even to the stage where you feel whether you even want to go through it, a lot of this is labels and "can'ts/don'ts/Won't to me which isn't the way I view things at all. Though I am away from environments that don't work for me so that is where that comes from. I can remember how it was before that!

Thanks again for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177081 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hi
PolaBear

Pages 20-26 of the ESA Claims due to Mental Health issues.

The ESA1 is just to start a claim.

Your Fit Notes don't need to change, hold the letters back for when you return the ESA50. which you will receive once your claim is started.

The first two Fit Notes of a new ESA Claim cannot be for more than three months and you must maintain an active Note until a Decision is made on your claim. The ESA50 is issued a couple of weeks into the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177163 by PolaBear
Thanks again for your thoughts so far.

More
7 years 3 months ago #177633 by PolaBear
Hey guys, have thought to post on here loads as iv looked more into things, spoke with the people at the National autistic society, Rethink and a local centre, but procrastination and mind fatigue never gets me to do it, so will make the most now iv got here!

the crazy thing with all of this "process" is it takes away from what iv learned about myself and the growing iv done so far, as I have to deal with this is a different kind of way, most times I think about it I end up with sleepless nights or a blown mind, similar to when I was having to go to JSA every 2 weeks, or before that work/college! Having time and space away from that has meant everything is natural and in my own headspace, which is the way forwards. Can almost read too much on all of this, good examples, not so good examples from people's experiences, then a load of thoughts and questions that fade out after a while as i move on to something else (all this is very stimulus driven).

Am looking to be very thorough on the ESA form, and show clearly the reasons that the support group would be an assistant as I learn and grown and look to create a world that works for me by having that time and space, the other option of a work group is a long way away from that and couldn't be worse in terms of progressing. one thing I have had mentioned to me is that can almost come across as too positive, as the focus is on the issues and confinments that aren't naturally a way I see it. An example would be today, I spoke with an adviser for a while on the phone clearly, but have to have the talk outside my house as I have to be in my own time and space, I take that for granted. As I do opening and closing doors and getting in and out of the car once iv parked, or having sleepless nights or fatigued after having to concentrate for a little while on something, or procrastination etc. As right now I'm in an environment where I can take that and grow.

is there anyone here with experience of this in this way? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #177638 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hi
Hi PolarBear,

Many of us find it difficult to complete the forms as it means concentrating on the things that we cannot do. This does not come naturally to many of us and it can be soul destroying to explain our limitations in detail.

However, I would caution you not to deviate from the very specific ESA descriptors as meeting these is the only way you will be awarded ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 3 months ago #177659 by PolaBear
That is the thing, narrowing it to specifics. Was Ina work situation for a long time and didn't see any perspective or way out despite heavy anxiety/depression/mania and heavy fatigue. Went through stages of not eating and heavy depressive times, it's only now I can see that as I am not in those environments. Mentioned to a dr that it's felt as if a load of knots have had to be sorted and untied since, doing that again is not the next step.

As a question, if the WRAG group was suggested, can an appeal be put through immediately? Does this then mean you don't have to deal with it?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.