× Members

IB to ESA backpayments

More
6 years 2 months ago #209563 by sarah
Replied by sarah on topic IB to ESA backpayments
I have no idea, is it the jobcentre or the dwp I have to ask?

I went from 82 a week to 52 a week when I changed from ib to esa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA backpayments
Sarah

You should have received an Entitlement Letter every year, usually in February for your ESA which details what you are receiving and breaks you payments down.

You should not have seen a reduction in your payments when you were moved from IB, if your ESA was less, then you should have received a Transitional Payment to cover the difference.

It is the DWP that you need to contact.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

More
6 years 2 months ago #209593 by sarah
Replied by sarah on topic IB to ESA backpayments
I'm not aware of receiving a letter, I've already asked the dwp on two occasions and they cannot tell me which esa I get.
I'll have to give up on finding out and keep paying for my prescriptions etc and just assume they have worked things out correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #209603 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic IB to ESA backpayments
Hi Gordon

where's best place to find out more re Enhanced Disability Premium please? Is it available to ESA(c)?

Many thanks P.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA backpayments

petrocelli wrote: Hi Gordon

where's best place to find out more re Enhanced Disability Premium please? Is it available to ESA(c)?

Many thanks P.

The Premiums are only payable with ESA(IR) not ESA(CB) so are you entitled to an ESA(IR) top-up to your ESA(CB)? The criteria is on page 1 of this topic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209707 by David
Replied by David on topic IB to ESA backpayments

sarah wrote: I'm not aware of receiving a letter, I've already asked the dwp on two occasions and they cannot tell me which esa I get.
I'll have to give up on finding out and keep paying for my prescriptions etc and just assume they have worked things out correctly.

If you are on a low income you can apply for an HC2 cert to cover the cost of NHS services

www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-low-income-scheme/...ll-help-health-costs
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.