× Members

What to do next! H

More
6 years 2 months ago #209910 by max7months
What to do next! H was created by max7months
Hello!
Just received a copy of my report & as most people have said, I don’t agree with some it!
4 points awarded from my f2f home assessment & 0 on mobility!.
I presume the DM goes with this????
Do I have to wait to do an MR
The assessor wasn’t overly pleasant & clock watched every time I was trying to answer a question & said we’d have to abandon the f2f if I don’t give better or more specific answers. Some questions she presumed & said “ you’d be fine in that situation wouldn’t you! “ then quickly skipped on.
I have in this past week found out I’m an associate of a family member of hers- through work! I have worked with said family member in the past.
Not sure what else I can provide for MR as included plenty of hospital & GP letters work OH letters since 1997. Im no longer under hospital only GP as all other areas have been exhausted & I have to now live the best way I can ( consultants words!)
Not sure if I can battle on! I try to keep as positive as possible & feel like this is my downfall
Any advice much appreciated
Many thanks, Butterfly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209922 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H
Butterfly

Yes you need to wait for the Decision to be made before you request an MR.

Decisions normally take 2-4 weeks so there may still be a window for you to contact the DWP with your concerns about the report. I would phone rather than write.

If the Decision is not what you hoped for the you can request an MR, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209927 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic What to do next! H
Thankyou for the reply Gordon.
When you say to phone DWP
Do you mean to discuss the f2freport I received today?
If so would I just speak to who ever answers the phone or ask to speak to a desion maker?
I’m moving from indefinite DLA- PIP
My f2f report was only sent in on the 28th March
I can see only 4 points being awarded- but not had that in black & white as so to speak!
I’m guessing that the desion maker will just go with HP’s view???
Thanks

More
6 years 2 months ago #209935 by Gordon
butterfly

Yes phone the DWP. They won't put you through to a Decision Maker but if you explain that you are calling about the report they will take a note of your comments and these will be sent on to the DM, it may not make a difference but it also might.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209938 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic What to do next! H
I will call them next week!
I didn’t get points for using
My pearching stool & footstool whilst making food. Whilst I said I don’t have problems with my hands peeling etc
Standing is painful & I couldn’t do it without using them.
Also my raised toilet seat ( although I use sink to help lower me on & off ) I scored 0 too
Would these be the kind of things acceptable to discuss??
Also I scored 2 points for bathing.
My partner helps me in the bath & out. He doesn’t wash me ( sometimes my hair) I don’t feel safe gettin in & out alone.
Is my partner classed as an aid or assistance?
Just want to be factual when I phone,
Sorry so many questions- thanks Butterfly

More
6 years 2 months ago #209940 by Gordon
butterfly

Yes these are exactly the things to tell them about.

One last thing, if a Decision has already been made then I would make it clear that you are not at this time requesting an MR although you may do once you have received the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.