× Members

What to do next! H

More
6 years 2 months ago #210215 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H
butterfly

Needing assistance to get in and out of a standard bath should score 3 points but you will need to explain your problems in detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210223 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic What to do next! H
Yes that’s what I thought. Assessor has put partner helps me in & out of the bath, but I’m able to use the bath handles to stand
Scored me 2 points
Only received 4 altogether for daily according to my f2f medical assessment.
I supplied lots of evidence from 1997- 2018
Not sure what else I could provide!

More
6 years 2 months ago #210228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H

butterfly wrote: Yes that’s what I thought. Assessor has put partner helps me in & out of the bath, but I’m able to use the bath handles to stand
Scored me 2 points
Only received 4 altogether for daily according to my f2f medical assessment.
I supplied lots of evidence from 1997- 2018
Not sure what else I could provide!

So the extra point won't get you an award, so you need to look at where you could reasonably score another four points from.

Did your GP provide a letter?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210235 by max7months
Yes, she did Gordon, but didn’t specifically mention any particular activity. Just said I have problems with daily living with every aspect.
I have an appointment on Friday so think I will ask her to maybe do me another letter, with extra evidence about the aids I use for preparing a meal & toilet needs & actually put that I need them & why.
I suppose when I go GP. It’s normally to talk about medication/pain or feeling low etc.
I don’t really go into how I cope & also it’s what I’ve been doing for years so it’s natural for me now & it just becomes part of your daily life!

More
6 years 2 months ago #210239 by max7months
Oh & maybe the use of my dosette box & phone reminders. Although I am able to put the pills in myself & take them.
I was advised by my local pharmacist on my review with them to use one as I was forgetting to take them sometimes or I couldn’t remember if I’d taken my tablets. Each day has four compartments & it’s been much better! Whether that would score me a point maybe not as I’m in control of my own medication.
Thanks very much for your replies Gordon it really does help when you feel confused & your knowledge is wonderful. Thankyou Butterfly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.