More
6 years 2 months ago #209942 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic What to do next! H
Ok thank you.
I’m very grateful to your speedy replies Gordon
I may sleep better tonight now :)
Have a nice weekend
Thanks Butterfly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209951 by max7months
Hello
The other question I have is
Do the HP decide what evidence they will use?
As I sent quite a lot of hospital letter.
I notice on my f2f report that all my photo copied sick notes & my Occupational Health letters I had from when I was at work have not been included.
In the list of medical evidence listed.
These letters did show a good idea of limitations & talked about adaptions to the Work place & 1 mentioned the disability act.
I gave up work sept 2017 ( could this be why they have been not included?) I had been at the school for 12 years. So both letters were through my councils OH service.
Thanks Butterfly

More
6 years 2 months ago #210000 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H
butterfly

They must use all of the evidence available to them, irrespective of age, but they do not have to assign equal weight to each piece, so if you think that there is information that has not been included in their review then you should raise this an issue with the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210170 by max7months
Hello Gordon, i took your advice and rang the DWP after receiving my f2f report to query the report. I was put through to a different depatment. To be honest that lady was not that helpful. She said they shouldn't be sending copies of the reports out until after a decsion has been made about PIP
She agreed to take a a couple of notes, as long as it was brief.
A decsion has not been made yet she said. The first lady i spoke with said that it would be easier to query the report now, but can,t see the lady who i was put through to actually put any notes on- she only seemed interested in finding my OH work letters which were not included in my evidence. Not the descriptors.
So waiting game i suppose! or would you advise to call back?
Thanks Butterfly

More
6 years 2 months ago #210200 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to do next! H
butterfly

There is no legal reason why the assessment report cannot be released before a Decision has been made.

It can't hurt your phoning again, if nothing else they can confirm that the notes you mentioned have indeed been logged and passed on to the Decision Maker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210210 by max7months
Yes thankyou. I think I will call back.
Also on the descriptor washing & bathing
I think I may get 2 points
My partner physically helps me in & out of the bath.
As I don’t feel steady. Once in the bath I am able to wash with a long handled sponge & lie back using the grab rails. Not sure if this would count as needs assistant or just needs an aid as he’s not lifting me, mainly steading me in & out as not secure standing on one leg.
Thanks Butterfly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.