× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
6 years 1 month ago #215860 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
II wrote a three page letter detailing the different questions and points awarded on my Mandatory Reconsideration. can I reuse and refine this to try to clarify the situation.
I have also heard of people who request all information from DWP/ PIP , is it worth it.
How long do you get to appeal. I am asking because a welfare rights group are going to do the appeal for me and I am waiting for an appointment and thought I might be able to speed it up for them.
Thanks Mark

Mailman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215877 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Mark

Yes, you can use the information from your MR.

You don't need to request the information from your claim, the DWP's submission, which you will receive a copy of, will contain all of the documents used in the making of the Decision.

Your request for appeal normally has to be received by the Tribunal Service no later than one month from the date on the MR Decision Notice, however, you can make a Late appeal up to 13 months from that date providing you provide reasons for the delay and they are accepted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215909 by Mark
I have just realized that this Mandatory Reconsideration was very quick. It was posted 23rd July it was special delivery and signed for 24th July and by the 30th July they said they were halfway through it and then told me by phone on the 31st July, the next day, it had been upheld. I thought it would take four to six weeks. it took six working days. very strange.

Mailman

More
6 years 1 month ago #215911 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Mark

Members regularly overestimate the time that these processes take, the reality is that most of the time is spent in a pile waiting to get to the top of it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215916 by Mark
There I go clutching at straws again. I thought that they did not give it due consideration because it was so short a time from others that i have heard of.

Mailman

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.