× Members

Data requests

More
5 years 5 months ago #220869 by james
Replied by james on topic Data requests
I got another half ton of paper delivered today. Records from years ago when I was awarded enhanced mobility stated THEN that I met all their criteria. I also got a copy of my assessor's notes, with my answers misinterpreted , wrong assumptions and lies about my physical abilities. She also included a comment about my carer's allowance that I claim for my autistic son who needs help and guidance in his day to day life. I take him everywhere with me as he helps me shopping reaching shelves and carrying bags etc NB he is autistic and needs guidance not a walking frame! The assessor made a note that my carer's allowance be reviewed if my claim goes to tribunal. My assessor used to be a front line nurse in the army and appeared on the show "24 hrs in A+E" just weeks before I had my assessment. I doubt that she has any mental health training or background in general nursing care or orthopaedics, just first aid. I also kept looking at her because I sort of recognised her, and after my assessment was over that's when I found out I'd seen her on telly. That would be interpreted as being attentive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #220887 by james
The assessor made a note that my carer's allowance be reviewed if my claim goes to tribunal. WHAT WOULD ANYONE CALL THIS IN EVERYDAY LIFE?

More
5 years 5 months ago #220956 by james

james wrote: The assessor made a note that my carer's allowance be reviewed if my claim goes to tribunal. WHAT WOULD ANYONE CALL THIS IN EVERYDAY LIFE?

On reading this it makes me feel that I have been put under pressure to drop my tribunal claim for fear of losing my carer's allowance as well if I were unsuccessful with my appeal. I have this in black and white from the DWP themselves. My son lives with me and apart from 5hrs a week on a thursday he spends with the team at "true colours" he is with me and my wife all the time. I now feel under so much pressure I can't think straight and my eczema has has flared up again. My blood pressure is probably following suit. I'm due for a ECG next week because I have been prone to fainting, so next week I will treat as a medical. Does anyone else see the DWP comments as provocative?

More
5 years 5 months ago #220967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Data requests
James

Unless I have missed something in your posts this is just the result of your Subject Access Request, don't worry what it says about your being a carer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: james

More
5 years 5 months ago #221052 by james
I'm still trying to take in all of the reasons why I scored 0 for motability. One of the comments was that I had not presented my assessor with details of my DLA claim from 3 years before. As the DWP already held all these details, I would have thought that these facts would have been duly considered in the mandatory reconsideration process. But it was just a rubber stamped version of the first decision. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

More
5 years 5 months ago #221079 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Data requests
James

When you made the call to start your PIP claim they should have asked you whether you wanted the evidence from your DLA claim to be included in the information used by the assessor and the Decision Maker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.