× Members

Advice needed- carer allowance ,work coach appt.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218643 by Delphi11
Hi,
Please tell your friend not to panic - I received the same letter a year ago, I am a carer and have been for about ten years. The lady I saw said the meetings take place every three years but she couldn't understand why I hadn't received the letter before. Afterwards I made notes so I would know what to expect next time I receive the letter.

She asked me to confirm my name, address, phone number, email. She asked me who I was caring for. Do I live with the person I care for, is the property owned, does it have a mortgage. She wanted to know what benefits the person I care for receives. She then asked what qualifications I have and went through my previous work history to make sure their records were accurate.

Finally she asked if I was in a position of wanting to go back to work (obviously no). She then said when I was in that position would I want a job doing something similar to what I did previously. The meeting took 15 minutes altogether and it really wasn't that bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid