× Members

Advice needed- carer allowance ,work coach appt.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218643 by Delphi11
Hi,
Please tell your friend not to panic - I received the same letter a year ago, I am a carer and have been for about ten years. The lady I saw said the meetings take place every three years but she couldn't understand why I hadn't received the letter before. Afterwards I made notes so I would know what to expect next time I receive the letter.

She asked me to confirm my name, address, phone number, email. She asked me who I was caring for. Do I live with the person I care for, is the property owned, does it have a mortgage. She wanted to know what benefits the person I care for receives. She then asked what qualifications I have and went through my previous work history to make sure their records were accurate.

Finally she asked if I was in a position of wanting to go back to work (obviously no). She then said when I was in that position would I want a job doing something similar to what I did previously. The meeting took 15 minutes altogether and it really wasn't that bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.