× Members

DWP decision letter may owe money?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233951 by louisagolding
DWP decision letter may owe money? was created by louisagolding
Hello,
I had my decision letter yesterday, they have dropped me down from enhanced to standard daily living, but kept me on enhanced mobility, I will be putting in a mandatory reconsideration for the daily living part. However I am slightly confused as the decision maker has written 'I have made a decision we may owe you some money. You'll get a letter from us to tell you more about this'. What could she be talking about? I have been on enhanced rates for both components since Oct 2015, up until now. Before that I was on standard for both. Has anyone one else had this written in their decision letter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234019 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP decision letter may owe money?
Bertie

If your award has reduced then they obviously won't owe you any money, my best guess is that the DM has produced the letter by copy/pasting it from another and has not proofread it before they sent it out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234041 by louisagolding
Replied by louisagolding on topic DWP decision letter may owe money?
That makes sense! Thanks Gordon

More
4 years 11 months ago #234072 by louisagolding
Hello again,
Just a question regarding my MR, I have prepared it so far for the daily living component. I'm unsure whether to dispute the amount of points I received for the mobility component, or not, as I received 12 points for moving around correctly, so I don't actually need any more points as it already gives me enhanced, but I didn't score any points for the journey question, where I feel I should have been awarded 4 points on account of my anxiety. If I don't put anything about planning and following a journey will it go against me? As obviously in my claimant form and at assessment I mentioned it. I hope this makes sense

More
4 years 11 months ago #234074 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP decision letter may owe money?
Bertie

If you already have an Enhanced award then there is no monetary value to your scoring higher for the Mobility component so I would not raise it as an issue and concentrate on the problems you have with Daily Living award but it is your claim so it is obviously your decision about what to do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: louisagolding

More
4 years 11 months ago #234228 by louisagolding
Hi again,
Do I need to resend any consultant/GP letters I am referencing too in my MR, they have already got copies of them all.
Also, do I need to write Mandatory Reconsideration request on the envelope when I post it?
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris