× Members

ESA change of circumstance

More
4 years 1 week ago #250925 by organic
Replied by organic on topic ESA change of circumstance
Will my contribution based new style ESA stop after 365 days if I still haven't had a WCA due to the coronavirus backlog? What happens then?Am I still entitled to have a WCA even though my payments will have stopped? If I am still entitled to have a WCA will my ESA payments only restart if I am placed in the support group? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #250948 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA change of circumstance
organic

Your NS ESA will end after 365 days unless you are in the Support Group at that time.

A WCA will still be done even if you are not receiving payments, it is worth your chasing Maximus to try and arrange one.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

If you are placed in the SG then you will receive back payment of SG component from the beginning of week 14 of your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 11 months ago #252150 by organic
Hello,

I am waiting for a WCA after submitting my ESA50 in March for (CB) New Style ESA.

I received a letter today from the DWP stating that during the pandemic they made sure my payments continued. As we have come out of full lockdown, the DWP now need to see medical evidence from the 30/10/20. Any medical evidence that I previously sent in will now be out of date.

Medical evidence can be a fit note from your doctor or a letter from your doctor or hospital.

I have been scanning in my fit note every three months since the beginning of March (before lockdown).
www.gov.uk/send-fit-note
I have received a text each time to confirm that the DWP have received my fit note.

I was surprised to find out when I called today that none of my fit notes were on their postal system.

I have now re-scanned the fit notes while on the phone to the DWP and the adviser has confirmed that the fit notes are now showing on their postal system.

Is it worth me writing to the DWP enclosing copies of my fit notes? If so do I send it to Post Handling Site B in Wolverhampton?

When the letter states any previous medical evidence will now be out of date. Does this include the support letters from my GP and Consultant I submitted in March along with my ESA50? Or is it referring to the fit notes? The DWP adviser said it was referring to my fit notes, but I wanted to double check. How long is medical evidence (support letters) from your GP and Consultant that you submit with your ESA50 valid for?

Thanks.

More
3 years 11 months ago #252163 by Gordon
organic

This is a standard letter, not one aimed at you specifically.

Given your previous Fit Notes are not on file I would write the DWP with copies of the Notes that were not recorded.

No, this letter is not referring to any letters or evidence that you have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: organic

More
3 years 11 months ago #252192 by organic
Thanks for the reply Gordon. I appreciate it.

It has been six months since I submitted my ESA50. I am still waiting for a WCA.

Is it OK to mail in an update to CHDA about my current situation? I am no longer able to carry out some of the examples I mentioned on my form. Also some of the treatment I have undertaken since then has shown no signs of improvement in my condition.

Thanks.

More
3 years 11 months ago #252218 by Gordon
organic

Yes, that's fine but send a copy to the DWP as well with a cover letter explaining what it is and check with the assessor that they have seen it when you have an assessment.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: organic

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.