× Members

My PIP Telephone Assessment Today

More
1 year 9 months ago #271777 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Tried to call DWP on Friday, but could not get through to speak to someone.
After a 40 minute wait yesterday, I finally managed to speak to someone about the status of my PIP application.
She began by advising me that they received the HP report on 31/05/22, until I pointed out that the DWP sent me a text on 26/05/22 informing me that they had received the Assessment Report!
Apparently, my claim is still with the Decision Maker and that no decision has been made yet.
Expect to wait a further week to two weeks!
Given that the DWP sent me a letter dated 09/06/22 advising that they had in their possession all of the necessary documentation to make a decision, I really fail to see what might be causing such a delay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271786 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC

From the date of the text you received it can often be 6 - 8 weeks for the decision. (Some come through more quickly). I assume the time it takes is down to the volume.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271796 by UC:
Thanks BIS!
Would that be 6 to 8 weeks post the text message dated 26/05/22, or from the actual letter dated 09/06/22?

More
1 year 9 months ago #271802 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC

It is usually 6 - 8 weeks from receiving the assessors report.

Whenyou phoned the DWP did you ask them to send you a copy of the assessors report?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271845 by UC:
Thanks Gary!
Assessors Report received by DWP on 26th May!
I already have a copy of the Assessors Report, which placed me in the enhanced categories for both PIP components, so fingers crossed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 9 months ago #271856 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic My PIP Telephone Assessment Today
Hi UC

That sounds like good new :woohoo:

Fingers crossed :cheer:

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.