× Members

Backdated LCWRA entitlement?

More
4 months 1 week ago #286283 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
Hi Donna2512

Thank you for the up date, it will help other members.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #286293 by ExtraTerrestrial
Replied by ExtraTerrestrial on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?

D got her award and then a week or so later she got the backdated payments. I didn't have to contact them at all they just flagged that there was an entry on the journal.

Thanks for the info Donna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

More
4 months 6 days ago #286499 by ExtraTerrestrial
I have still had no confirmation from DWP about any backdated payment.
Citizens Advice bureau have advised that they think I will receive backdated in my next payment in Jan 24 but this appears to be contradicted by what the DWP are telling me.
Please see the following transcription of our online communication:

20/12/23 9.19
Hi, Can you please advise how much backpay I am due for LCWRA?

20/12/23 9.19
Hi,
The decision to award you the LCWRA was made on 07/09/23 and the extra element of Universal Credit for the LCWRA is not payable for the first 3 full Universal Credit assessment periods following the date of the decision and is not backdated to then.

20/12/23 9.27
Hi, I understand that. Am I correct in assuming I am due backdated payments from the fourth month to the present? ie Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec?

Thanks,

20/12/23 9.40
Hi, As I stated the LCWRA is not payable for the first 3 Universal Credit assessment periods and is not backdated.

Can anyone advise?

More
4 months 6 days ago #286507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
ET

Don't assume that the person you are talking to understands what they are talking about. It is likely they are charged with managing a number of UC claimants, they would not have been involved in your assessment in any way, they did not make the Decision to award you LCWRA and they don't determine your monthly pay or more specifically back payments.

The three APs apply from the date that you provided evidence, usually a Fit Note, that you were unable to work. From your previous posts, this was 2nd June. Unless there is an issue as to when you first provided a Fit Note or whether your unfit for work status was continuous then there should be a back payment due.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ExtraTerrestrial, KABTT

More
4 months 6 days ago #286511 by ExtraTerrestrial
That's what I thought. I can't believe the amount of disinformation DWP get away with telling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , UB40 Rumrunner, Chris

More
4 months 5 days ago #286547 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
I was just wondering, since you were granted LCWRA on the dates you indicated, if additional payments were added to your UC after 2017?

The additional payments once given on the basis of people having LCWRA stopped in 2017, correct me if I am wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.