× Members

Will the WCA changes affect only new claimants?

More
2 months 1 day ago #288280 by AtlasShoulders
Replied by AtlasShoulders on topic Will the WCA changes affect only new claimants?
Further to my previous post, I've received further confirmation from DWP about their policy on WCA Reassessments, although it's heavily redacted.

It seems they will be focusing initially on reassessing cases where there is the greatest likelihood of a change in outcome, for example LCW and Risk-LCWRA (Pregnancy). They will likely then move on to Short-Prognosis LCWRA cases, before scaling up to other LCWRA/Support group re-assessments.

The DWP seem keen not to waste resources on wholesale reassessment of LCW/LCWRA cases where there is unlikely to be a change of outcome, so they are working on developing some form of "prioritisation mechanism" to identify claimants most likely to have improved since their last assessment. We currently have no details of this mechanism.

You can find the redacted documents on my FoI request - I hope the back office team find it useful:

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/uc_wca_reassessments_policy
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #288288 by Gordon
A

Thanks for posting this I have passed the link onto the Office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.