× Members

Considering stopping Child Tax Credit to stop 2024 Migration to UC

More
2 months 1 week ago #287973 by Gary
Hi VIA

The conditions for claiming Universal Credit are set out in a "claimant commitment" that most people will have to accept at the beginning of their claim. If you are part of a couple, you will each have a separate claimant commitment that may be different from each other's.

People who may not need to accept a commitment include those who lack capacity, those who have exceptional circumstances  where it would be unreasonable to expect them to agree a commitment (this is decided by the work coach on a case by case basis), or, From 15 February 2022 people with a terminal illness and less than 6 months to live were also excluded, and from 4 April 2023 this was extended to 12 months.

There are 4 conditionality groups:

* Group 1. No work related requirements
* Group 2. Work-focused interview requirement
* Group 3. Work preparation requirement
* Group 4. All work-related requirements

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Claimant-commitment-Universal-Credit

The Journal tab on your UC is where you and your work coach communicate with each other. The tab to keep an eye on it the todo tab, if you do not carry out instructions in the todo tab you could be sanctioned and your claim could be closed.

Yes, the majority of claims are online but there are exceptions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287992 by Chris
Hi Gary,

May I just add to that also, in relation to what you've wrote about the "to do" tab. When this happens (as in a task to complete), you're supposed to be notified by email. This does not happen all the time. My last few times of contact - I've only recieved emails at certain times saying I need to sign in and read a message on my journal. I've reported this issue to the jobcentre, and they've not been able to figure it out with their tech people - so I am not always aware that there's a message waiting for me, so the DWP rep on the phone informed me, that it's best to sign in on a regular basis to check. Just in case this happens to anyone else. It's been going on for 3 years at my end!

Regards, Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.