× Members

Pip second review got a text from IAS

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291820 by artus
Good day,

This is my second PIP review. My condition continues the same, hallucinations, very severe depression, and other mental problems. And also heart problems. The anxiety for instance triggers arrhythmias. My first review I didn’t get any message from IAS. It was done by the DWP based in the form and the evidence. Now, after 10 months waiting, I got this text that the IAS is processing my claim. It triggers very dark thoughts on me. The suicidal thoughts came again. Why if the form was very similar to the previous one they need the assessors? I can’t have a phone interview or nothing like that. The case manager apparently couldn’t take a decision with my form. I take 11 kind of pills, I sent the list which is greater than the pass revision, printed by my go, the resume of my condition from my go as well, and the support letter from my gp stated clearly that I cannot have any social pressure and my condition. Yet, the case manager couldn’t make a decision. What should I do? Must I ask my gp to call or write these assessors to explain I can’t have any interview and they are putting in risk my live? I mean, this is literally. I live alone and it’s hell sometimes.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Now all the horror, and it’s the horror really, is lurking again over me.
Thanks in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291849 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip second review got a text from IAS
Hi artus

The question I would ask you, did your doctors letter state that you suffer from over whelming Psychological distress (OPD)?

We cannot answer your questions as we do not know what you put on your claims for or what supporting documents you added.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291873 by artus
Replied by artus on topic Pip second review got a text from IAS
Thanks you very much for your reply. Yes, the doctor letter says this, though not with the exact words.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291875 by artus
Replied by artus on topic Pip second review got a text from IAS
A bit more details. In my claim I put a description of my condition, more less, or worst because the heart problems the same that the last review. I told them clearly about the dark thoughts and the overwhelming distress that any change produces on me.
The support evidence was my file from the GP telling my condition. Exactly what the GP has. Also the list of medications I receive. 11, antidepressants, maximum dosis, antipsychotic, 2 of them, high dosis and lower one, amitriptyline, diazepam, and the medication for my heart. And the GP letter says about the hallucinations, severe depression and anxiety, the stress that social interaction produces on me and a bit more.
The evidence was even more compelling than my last review, because I sent the GP report of my condition, which started more than 10 years ago. So, I don’t understand why they sent it to the assessors, and why the assessors send me a text, when it’s clear that it could trigger very bad things on me. Risk to my physical integrity and even life. Because is the crisis is triggered the situation gets really really bad.
Regarding to contact local organisations. It’s very very difficult for me to go to any place like that. I’ll try to see my doctor as soon as I can to ask for her support. Another letter or a call to this assessors. Because, also, I do think that this revisions must be delayed the maximum in my case, which, according to my doctor, is most likely a life condition.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291896 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip second review got a text from IAS
Hi artus,

Post approved, and hopefully someone can help with any suggestions for you.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip second review got a text from IAS
a

All the text means is that your file has been passed to one of the Assessment Providers for review, it does not mean that you will definitely have an assessment just that the DM, who is not medically trained, was not able to make a Decision on the information they had.

Why have you received a text this time and not last, two likely answers, the DWP did not have your mobile number ten years ago and the DWP and the APs were not using texts to keep claimants up to date with the progress of their review.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.