× Members

Requesting a PA4 after telephone assessment

More
3 months 1 week ago #292457 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic Requesting a PA4 after telephone assessment
Thanks BIS. I should be grateful the report wasn’t a complete disaster, but of course, having GAD means I’m still anxious about it all, given I haven’t received an actual decision letter.

At this stage, it’s probably a ‘good result’ but we shall see. I honestly have been so stressed since the end of Feb since I first made my claim. (I had to ask for 3 extensions.)

This is the first time I’ve ever applied for PIP because I have been too afraid, in spite of my enduring conditions and eligibility. Fingers crossed I get the decision letter soon and it’s at least as ‘good’ as the report.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292464 by Gary
Hi Dellilah

Lets hope you get the decision you want 🤞

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292482 by Dellilah
So this morning I received a text from the DWP informing me I’d been awarded PIP, a day after I received the PA4 and one week to the day since I had my phone assessment. Obviously I haven’t received the decision letter yet, so in order to try to figure out what I’d been awarded I followed a tip I’d seen on here from someone else.

I phoned the DWP line and when it takes you through the automated security part they tell you what your next PIP payment will be and when. It gave the total for standard on both daily living and mobility which corresponds with the points awarded by the assessor on the PA4.

So I’m obviously very pleased with that, although I had really hoped for enhanced on the daily living - I knew it would be impossible with my mental health issues to get enhanced on mobility and know it can be hit or miss given there’s only two questions, so I’m pleased with that.

I’m disappointed with the length of the award being two years - as per the PA4 - and have heard that sometimes the DWP can alter that - I’m really hoping not to a lesser timescale as I’m already 3 months into the two years given I first applied at the end of Feb.

I also didn’t realise that review letters are sent out up to a year in advance? Which means having only just gone through all this stress it will be the blink of an eye and I’ll have to do it all again!

Anyway, it would appear that my claim was successful so I’m really happy with that of course.

Couldn’t have done it without Benefits and Work and the brilliant guides and support, so thanks to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292489 by BIS
Hi Dellilah

I'm glad you have the award you were expecting - even though it's not what you hoped for. You could ask them to look at the length of the award again - but you risk them looking at your whole award even if you ask them not to. Award lengths have shortened. Only a very small number of people have been successful in getting their award lengths changed, but the people who have would say that it's worth the effort. Obviously, it's up to you if you want to try. As you say - it's hard to think you could receive another review form in a year.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292497 by Dellilah
Thanks BIS. I suppose I’ll wait and see what the letter says and make a decision then, but I’m inclined not to rock the boat.

When they send out these review letters within a year do you get a while to return them, and does your original award remain in place until the expiry date? Regardless of the outcome of the review I mean.

It’s just all so exhausting. Also, am I likely to see any change in my long-standing ESA support group rate? I’ve had it since 2013 and there is a premium on it but I can’t find the letter and know it’s minimal. I read something about ‘passporting’ in the guides.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292498 by Anji
Well done Delilah, I'm so pleased you have received the award...it is good to hear that it is not impossible to get something!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.