× Members

Requesting a PA4 after telephone assessment

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292288 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic Requesting a PA4 after telephone assessment
Well I just had it. Was supposed to start at 1.30pm but she called at that time to say she was running late so called back at 2.30pm by which time I’d got myself into a bit of a state. She was very thorough and the whole ordeal lasted 1hr and 42mins during which time my mind went quite numb and I cried a lot.

I think I messed it up a bit. Sigh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292300 by Gary
Hi Dellilah

Well done for getting through the ordeal, especially the last minute change, don't forget to contact DWP after 48 hours and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292329 by Dellilah
The call ended around 4.20pm and I received a text from the DWP at 5.05pm saying they’d received the report. The assessor was typing a fair bit during the assessment and I’m guessing I was her last of the day, so she took another 40mins to finish it. I’m hoping this is a good sign and she tried to be fair, but who knows.

I’m expecting the worst but I’ll request the PA4 on Monday. Then of course, even if the report is ok, you still don’t know how the DWP decision maker is going to react so it’s a whole lot of ‘what ifs’.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292336 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Requesting a PA4 after telephone assessment
Hello Dellilah,
I think it is impossible to second guess how an assessment has gone, but hopefully you will not have too long to wait before you get the report.
It is quite usual to hear the assessor typing away in the background - so nothing to read into that.
It is very rare for the DWP not to go along with the assessor's recommendation.
Hoping you like what you receive in the post,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, Anji

More
3 months 1 week ago #292447 by Dellilah
So I received my PA4 today, after requesting it Monday. My hands were shaking and my heart pounding ripping the thing open. The assessor was very thorough in her write up, and I think reasonably fair, although she didn’t accept a dosette box as proof of needing an aid because I fill it myself. Having said that, I know this is a pointless one point anyway.

The main thing she got wrong was Q9: engaging with others face to face, which I had scored myself as 9d - overwhelming psychological distress. She put me down as 9c - needs social support which is a full 4 points less.

Anyway, according to the report, I did get 10 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility, as she did put me in the OPD box 1e for planning and following journeys.

So is it likely the DWP decision maker will agree with this report (or by some miracle score me for OPD in question 9)?

Also she has only recommended a 2 year review window, which given I’ve been like this for over 20 years I find somewhat bizarre.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292448 by BIS
Hi Dellilah

The decision maker generally follows the assessor - but not always. `i think it is unlikely the decision maker will change question 9 - but anything is possible.

The review windows have shortened for nearly everyone, even when many have life-long conditions.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.